Covid antibody advantages by eating venison ?

Sapcut

WKR
I have seen studies that show fairly common instances with whitetail deer having covid antibodies all over the country. As of today, I haven't seen any research that shows ingesting venison with antibodies has its immune system advantages in humans. I think its because those studies haven't been done because I am convinced my regular diet of venison, wild pig and Vit D sunshine are the reasons I haven't felt any affects of covid 19, IF the virus has ever entered my system.

Anyone seen anything in the professional science world on this topic?

OP
Sapcut

Sapcut

WKR
Thanks

I think the studies of antibodies in deer have been in the north, west and southeast states. They say animals always carry viruses and is why they never really go away. Where I think small pox or another virus was erradicated because it couldn't live in animals.

So I'm just curious if it could be an advantage for our immune systems. Maybe not, maybe so. Seems like a good natural immunity study if scientists had the desire.

Thanks

I think the studies of antibodies in deer have been in the north, west and southeast states. They say animals always carry viruses and is why they never really go away. Where I think small pox or another virus was erradicated because it couldn't live in animals.

So I'm just curious if it could be an advantage for our immune systems. Maybe not, maybe so. Seems like a good natural immunity study if scientists had the desire.
It would be interesting for sure, but nobody with funding for a study is interested in providing natural immunity. I doubt eating venison would have any benefits for us though.

Afhunter1

WKR
Deer having antibodies means they had Covid and their immune system fought it off not that they are immune to Covid. If you test yourself after having Covid you would have antibodies as well.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think the problem your going to have is the reliability of the data on the severity of covid-19 and why exactly it's effects caused minor to major symptoms in people.

Without that I'm not sure how any study could correlate the benefits of eating venison and if they have antibodies do they transfer to those that eat it.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

OP
Sapcut

Sapcut

WKR
Deer having antibodies means they had Covid and their immune system fought it off not that they are immune to Covid. If you test yourself after having Covid you would have antibodies as well.
Correct. But perhaps it's another way to get beneficial antibodies and maybe yet another reason wild meat is excellent nutriiton.

I have seen studies that show fairly common instances with whitetail deer having covid antibodies all over the country. As of today, I haven't seen any research that shows ingesting venison with antibodies has its immune system advantages in humans. I think its because those studies haven't been done because I am convinced my regular diet of venison, wild pig and Vit D sunshine are the reasons I haven't felt any affects of covid 19, IF the virus has ever entered my system.

Anyone seen anything in the professional science world on this topic?
I eat venison a lot. I’ve had Covid 3 times. None were bad. Just tired and mucus that a brick mason could use.

OP
Sapcut

Sapcut

WKR
I think the problem your going to have is the reliability of the data on the severity of covid-19 and why exactly it's effects caused minor to major symptoms in people.

Without that I'm not sure how any study could correlate the benefits of eating venison and if they have antibodies do they transfer to those that eat it.

Yea, I certainly don't know if ingesting any food with any type of antibodies would continue in our blood as a protective measure but it would be interesting know why or why not.

I do know from research that ruminants do eat and digest some of the amino acids in vegetation and turn them into totally different amino acids that just so happen to be the essential amino acids for humans to exist. So that is quite amazing and goes from their bodies to ours. Maybe other important proteins, compounds, etc. can do the same thing for our benefit. Just thinking.

I would be curious if cooked meat would still contain antibodies let alone if deer antibodies can stimulate human antibodies. I guess the next step would be if the meat has to be raw, what deer problems (parasites, diseases, etc.) could be available to humans under those conditions.

Living a life of primarily wild meat consumption, I continue to believe it is bettrr for you that beef. And thats coming from a rancher. Remember: Beef is for selling - elk is for eating.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea, I certainly don't know if ingesting any food with any type of antibodies would continue in our blood as a protective measure but it would be interesting know why or why not.
There are a bunch of studies from chicken antibodies, again data seems to lean towards who ever is footing the cost of the study.

Yoder

WKR
I had covid 3x so far and I eat deer maybe once a week. Between the deer and the amazing vaccine I had to get to keep my job, I should have never gotten it. All three times were no factor. Just really tired and couldn't taste anything.

OP
Sapcut

Sapcut

WKR
Eating something that has antibodies is not how you develop antibodies yourself..
Is that an actual fact or just an educated opinion? Is 'developing" antibodies the only way to have them in your blood? Asking both questions because I don't know. Eating other proteins from animals are easily absorbed and bioavailable. Wonder why not an antibody protein?

Txswift

FNG
I seriously doubt it has any affect but I’m covered if it is Bc venison is probably half our diet here lol