Covid antibody advantages by eating venison ?

Interesting thoughts all around, but no, eating venison with SARS-CoV-2 antibodies would not confer any protection.
Your digestive enzymes break down all proteins, including antibodies, into their component amino acids. Antibodies would not survive digestion, nor would they be absorbed anywhere in the digestive tract.

HOWEVER!

Eating a healthy diet, Vit. D, sunshine, exercise, and other holistic approaches can reduce the risk of infection and absolutely reduce severe illness. Older individuals are at a far higher risk of severe illness than younger individuals. Natural immunity protection against severe illness is 95-100% as shown in a Qatar cohort to last 14+ months, and is projected to last 3 years. Vaccination protection wanes in efficacy against both infection and severe illness, and shows diminished efficacy in both areas in comparison to natural immunity. High-risk individuals should be vaccinated every 3 months to maintain vaccination benefits, if prior infection has not occurred.
Young men are also at risk (albeit rare; 1:10,000 roughly) for developing myocarditis from COVId-19 vaccination, yet have a low risk for morbid disease.

I’ve written a literature review on this subject, but will not be publishing due to controversies :(

See sources below for Qatar:
doi: 10.1093/jtm/taac109
doi: 10.1038/s41467-022-30895-3

jtevanMT

Lil-Rokslider
Antibodies from foods do not contribute to pathogen specific immunity in people. The Fc portion on the antibody from a deer (or another species) will not have the same functionality in humans. The human immune system would recognize the antibody as foreign and generate an immune response against the foreign antibody. This is why we can’t use mouse monoclonal antibodies for human treatments. The one exception to this is the high levels of antibody found in human breast milk. Some of these antibodies can make it thought the stomach and into the intestine, a process called passive immunization. So the answer is no, eating a deer or elk that has antibodies to COVID or any other pathogen will not result in passive immunity. Besides tasting great, there are many other health advantages to eating wild game. Unfortunately, passive immunity is not one of them.

Antibodies from foods do not contribute to pathogen specific immunity in people. The Fc portion on the antibody from a deer (or another species) will not have the same functionality in humans. The human immune system would recognize the antibody as foreign and generate an immune response against the foreign antibody. This is why we can’t use mouse monoclonal antibodies for human treatments. The one exception to this is the high levels of antibody found in human breast milk. Some of these antibodies can make it thought the stomach and into the intestine, a process called passive immunization. So the answer is no, eating a deer or elk that has antibodies to COVID or any other pathogen will not result in passive immunity. Besides tasting great, there are many other health advantages to eating wild game. Unfortunately, passive immunity is not one of them.
I knew sooner or later the onstaff rokslide immunologist would show up . jtevanmt should be moved up from fng a status level for his fine explanation . Now ... what do you guys think of blood-letting ?

It’s funny to read all the posts talking about how stupid this is to discuss. About three years ago the same people were suggesting discussing anything Covid was stupid too.

Shut up Ritchie. Put your mask on. Don’t try to suggest anything Covid except when sone moderators and brain surgeon posters say you can.

There, I fixed it for everybody.

That’s great info. Thanks for being cordial while sharing it.

jtevanMT

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting thoughts all around, but no, eating venison with SARS-CoV-2 antibodies would not confer any protection.
Your digestive enzymes break down all proteins, including antibodies, into their component amino acids. Antibodies would not survive digestion, nor would they be absorbed anywhere in the digestive tract.

HOWEVER!

Eating a healthy diet, Vit. D, sunshine, exercise, and other holistic approaches can reduce the risk of infection and absolutely reduce severe illness. Older individuals are at a far higher risk of severe illness than younger individuals. Natural immunity protection against severe illness is 95-100% as shown in a Qatar cohort to last 14+ months, and is projected to last 3 years. Vaccination protection wanes in efficacy against both infection and severe illness, and shows diminished efficacy in both areas in comparison to natural immunity. High-risk individuals should be vaccinated every 3 months to maintain vaccination benefits, if prior infection has not occurred.
Young men are also at risk (albeit rare; 1:10,000 roughly) for developing myocarditis from COVId-19 vaccination, yet have a low risk for morbid disease.

I’ve written a literature review on this subject, but will not be publishing due to controversies :(

See sources below for Qatar:
doi: 10.1093/jtm/taac109
doi: 10.1038/s41467-022-30895-3
Breast milk contains high levels of IgA and IgM antibodies and can temporarily alter the pH of the stomach to 5-7 for a couple hours during feeding allowing the transfer of some intact antibodies into the small intestine. Although, they do not cross the intestine into circulation. These IgA antibodies are believed to help with enteric infections in early life and support a healthy gut microbiome.

Although, antibodies from other foods (like deer) do not result in passive immunity.

jtevanMT

Lil-Rokslider
I knew sooner or later the onstaff rokslide immunologist would show up . jtevanmt should be moved up from fng a status level for his fine explanation . Now ... what do you guys think of blood-letting ?
LoL….. blood-letting is not an effective method of disease treatment unless you have hemochromatosis, polycythemia vera, or porphyria cutaneous tarda. All are blood disorders resulting in high levels of iron or RBCs where blood-letting can be an effective treatment. You did ask!

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
LoL….. blood-letting is not an effective method of disease treatment unless you have hemochromatosis, polycythemia vera, or porphyria cutaneous tarda. All are blood disorders resulting in high levels of iron or RBCs where blood-letting can be an effective treatment. You did ask!
That’s too many words for me to google.

Breast milk contains high levels of IgA and IgM antibodies and can temporarily alter the pH of the stomach to 5-7 for a couple hours during feeding allowing the transfer of some intact antibodies into the small intestine. Although, they do not cross the intestine into circulation. These IgA antibodies are believed to help with enteric infections in early life and support a healthy gut microbiome.

Although, antibodies from other foods (like deer) do not result in passive immunity.
So the solution is to suck doe teets. Got it.

Interesting. I eat nothing but wild
Game. And as far as I know I never got Covid. If I did I had no symptoms. I didn’t get the shot thou.

Mangata

Lil-Rokslider
There is no immunological benefit to eating wild game meat to prevent COVID. Studies are still underway to assess the benefit of consuming previously vaccinated friends & family 🤣.

SwiftShot

WKR
I have seen studies that show fairly common instances with whitetail deer having covid antibodies all over the country. As of today, I haven't seen any research that shows ingesting venison with antibodies has its immune system advantages in humans. I think its because those studies haven't been done because I am convinced my regular diet of venison, wild pig and Vit D sunshine are the reasons I haven't felt any affects of covid 19, IF the virus has ever entered my system.

Anyone seen anything in the professional science world on this topic?
It has been done because your body digest the deer meat. Digestion breaks it down to the basic nutrients. Maybe if you freebase some deer chops or mainline it that would help. I smoked some but I think that was different.

SwiftShot

WKR
There is no immunological benefit to eating wild game meat to prevent COVID. Studies are still underway to assess the benefit of consuming previously vaccinated friends & family 🤣.
They say eating vegan ribs will help. I cant do that. I have no idea how to cook the rest of the vegan.