Cordova, AK goats

Arctic_Beaver

Lil-Rokslider
Lol… “best drainages” …

Here’s my advice.
Goats are all over mainland PWS. It shouldn’t take you long to find some if you put a little effort into glassing through a feeding cycle or two. The challenge becomes finding one in accessible terrain, being able to put a stalk on it, then being able to recover it. Also, (generally speaking) you should do your best to target Billy’s in this area. ADF&G encourages hunters to take Billy’s by prohibiting you to hunt the GMU or unit for 5 years if you take a Nanny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S.Clancy

WKR
My buddy killed a goat out there this year solo. I believe his text to me the night before he killed it was "the last time I was this wet I was leaving the womb" or something like that. It's when, like swimming wet.

Scorpion

WKR
Seems like there are goats everywhere there. First post nailed it.

On my hunt closer to Valdez we glassed across the drainage to the next chain of mountains, maybe 2-3 miles away, and saw 40-50 goats.

It would have taken us almost 2 days to get over to them.

Clarktar

WKR
Lol… “best drainages” …

Here’s my advice.
Goats are all over mainland PWS. It shouldn’t take you long to find some if you put a little effort into glassing through a feeding cycle or two. The challenge becomes finding one in accessible terrain, being able to put a stalk on it, then being able to recover it. Also, (generally speaking) you should do your best to target Billy’s in this area. ADF&G encourages hunters to take Billy’s by prohibiting you to hunt the GMU or unit for 5 years if you take a Nanny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those areas are also on a quota and a nanny will count as two goats in the quota. Other hunters will appreciate your effort to only target billies.

And really pay attention to the recovery piece of the equation when figuring out your plan on a potential target.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk