Super Moderator
Staff member
The side is cutout for you to see how it works. It installs as a new striker

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

AdamW

WKR
The side is cutout for you to see how it works. It installs as a new striker

The only part replaced on the gun is the slide cover plate at the rear of the slide, everything else is factory. If "The Gadget" breaks, the gun remains fully functional, just without the added safety feature the gadget provides. This was the brainchild of a couple of guys, one of them being the late Todd Louis Green who to the shooting community was a great guy and contributor. It was designed for a very specific purpose primarily: to give an added measure of safety when reholstering a striker fired pistol while carrying in the appendix position. Much like you could block the hammer on a traditional DA/SA pistol for an additional measure of safety, the gadget will do that. It's been T&E-ed long term by a lot of big names in the business. Todd and Tom drug this project out a looooong time and one of the biggest reasons was they insisted that it be 100% right before it ended up in user hands.

I'm not a parts swapper, I will typically upgrade sights maybe. But, I bought 2 when they were on Indiegogo and just received them. They're not wanted/needed by a lot of people, but for those that want them, they fill a pretty serious niche. My 2 cents at least. :)

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
With a trigger lock holster this would add piece of mind for sure

OP
Beendare

Beendare

WKR
That slide is totally different than the one on my G20. Not sure how it would attach to mine.

Mike, that little plastic insert in the back of the glock slides is replaced by this. Just slides in to replace existing cover.
It acts as a button to keep striker from moving...so when you have that button depressed the trigger and striker are disabled- pretty slick IMO.

Many firearms instructors don't recommend appendix carry for safety reasons as when reholstering the trigger can get caught on stuff, etc. This is an easy retrofit additional safety. We don't want you blowing your cohones off!

AdamW

WKR
Mike, that little plastic insert in the back of the glock slides is replaced by this. Just slides in to replace existing cover.
It acts as a button to keep striker from moving...so when you have that button depressed the trigger and striker are disabled- pretty slick IMO.

Many firearms instructors don't recommend appendix carry for safety reasons as when reholstering the trigger can get caught on stuff, etc. This is an easy retrofit additional safety. We don't want you blowing your cohones off!

I always think of it as "As I was watching myself bleed out from a femoral artery wound I'd be wishing I blew my huevos off instead." Funny, but not funny. :D

AustinL911

Lil-Rokslider
I fall into the 'If I don't want it to fire, I just don't pull the trigger' camp.

I see no reason for such a device. But, if it gives you piece of mind, I say go for it.

I fall into the 'If I don't want it to fire, I just don't pull the trigger' camp.

I see no reason for such a device. But, if it gives you piece of mind, I say go for it.
Ditto. Watch Ballistic Radio's video about the safety of appendix carry. You'd have to try awful hard to shoot yourself. To each their own, but the simplicity and lack of a safety (other than the trigger lever) is what draws me to Glocks, M&Ps, and similar guns.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk