Cool Flight

I was in Vegas this week for work and flew home yesterday afternoon. Got some cool pics as we flew right over the unit we plan on hunting this year, and actually flew directly over some of the areas we have hunted in the past.

I am learning to fly and there is an app called foreflight that you use to track your flights via GPS(Unfortunately it costs $100 to $300 per year depending on tier you buy) Typically it is hard to get reception in an airline on the cell but had window seats so I was able to pick up the signal. When flying I use an aviation specific GPS reciever that also gets traffic and weather and transmits to the phone(or ipad) via a VPN but don't take it on the airlines. I was able to pick out some landmarks on the phone as we flew over and with all the map study in the past it was pretty apparent where we were!!!

In this particular pic, we have hunted the bowl in the lower right and my brother actually missed a decent 5x5 there as well. It is wilderness but not far to get up there. Actually it was also the 1st place we ever spiked out also. The leftmost ridge in that bowl is the border for 2 gmu's, both of which we have hunted, and in the same area. In the summer you can see the game trails crossing the ridge via satellite. I just thought it was really cool, seeing it from 38000 feet.

hunting unit.jpg

ODB

WKR
Yeah it was a fun shot.

??? no, but guess I am missing the reference...lol. I did have an uncle that owned a dealership but has a different last name...

It was just a guess - a good friend was also in Vegas for work - he was test driving the new H3 all electric Hummers. Shot in the dark ;-)

Kilboars

WKR
I have a regular Garmin I use for driving and on vacations that if you hold to the window in airplane will pick up the satellites also. Very cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk