Colorado Wolf Introduction is getting REAL political

Okhotnik

WKR
They banned guns in Oregon and Washington?
They banned guns in Oregon and Washington?
Do these laws excite you? lol

Gun rights groups are speaking out against a bill being pushed by Washington state Democrats that would prohibit the sale and possession of many semi-automatic rifles, shotguns and handguns in the state.

House Bill 1240, which was introduced in the state legislature earlier this month at the request of Democratic Gov. Jay Inslee and state Attorney General Bob Ferguson, would prohibit the manufacture, importation, distribution and selling of so-called "assault weapons," including the AK-47, AR-15, M16 and dozens of others.

AG Ferguson: With historic House vote, Legislature bans sale of high-capacity magazines in Washington​

Printer-friendly version

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Mar 4 2022
Washington with join nine other states that restrict high-capacity magazines
OLYMPIA — Today, the Washington state Legislature passed Attorney General Request legislation sponsored by Sen. Marko Liias, D-Lynnwood, banning the sale of high-capacity magazines in Washington. The bill passed the Legislature after a historic 55-42 vote in the House of Representatives. It heads to the governor’s desk to be signed into law.
Senate Bill 5078 pr

WASHINGTON — A total of 28 U.S. Democratic senators, including Sen. Jeff Merkey of Oregon, have introduced legislation to ban high-capacity magazines, which can be used on the type of semi-automatic firearm that is typically used in most mass shootings.

“High-capacity magazines were designed for one purpose and one purpose only — high-capacity killing — and have been used in some of the deadliest mass shootings in America,” Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez of New Jersey said in a recent statement.

Amincey34

FNG

They are having a meeting tomorrow. Here’s the link to comment on the current plan. Anyone and everyone should do this. Any action is far better than no action.

Live for something or die for nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarCO

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Are any representatives from the western slope involved in these discussions and working for the area to off set Denver? This is still a fluid plan.

Amincey34

FNG
I know HOWL for wildlife seems to be trying to do the best they can to fight this .

They are having a meeting tonight @6pm in Denver to discuss how we residents are able to be more involved. The info is on the website.

@displacedtexan

you know exactly what he meant. Your snarkiness is getting pretty old. You possess the same type of sarcasm as a 12 year old girl. You never have anything meaningful or useful to add to the conversation besides your pithy one liners. It’s getting tiresome.
Accuracy of statements is important.

And it keeps the speaker from looking like a lunatic.

LoggerDan

WKR
Read okhotnik’s post above. A marlin model 60 falls under that rule, since the tube magazine is not detachable, along with quite a few other sporting guns. The folks posting above don’t seem like lunatics. What is Lunacy is ignoring what has happened in other states and not expecting the same results in yours. Lunacy is being an elk and deer hunter and actually wanting less deer and elk. You may be fine with it, but do you expect others to accept it with open arms? To slightly alter a phrase: lunacy is doing something over and over and expecting a different outcome.

Have a nice day.

BCSojourner

Lil-Rokslider

They are having a meeting tomorrow. Here’s the link to comment on the current plan. Anyone and everyone should do this. Any action is far better than no action.

Thanks for the link and I did submit comments. It just blows my mind that no entity is holding CPW's feet to the fire about releasing on private and state land when everyone knows that the wolves will immediately travel onto surrounding public lands and have impacts, likely significant impacts. Because the nature of this action is highly controversial and likely to have significant impacts, we, as owners of the public lands, should be at least entitled to a full disclosure of the impacts (i.e., EIS) instead of short narratives of what has occurred in other States that are unlike CO. CPW stating that they don't have the resources to conduct NEPA is a lame excuse-how much would such an upfront combined NEPA and planning effort cost compared to the potential years and years of taxpayer expenditures monitoring and managing the wolf packs? A NEPA analysis that includes potential economic impacts would disclose estimated short-term and long-term costs. Usually actions initiated by the feds on federal lands are flagged by environmental stakeholders, and for an action that is highly controversial, these groups would immediately be clamoring for an EIS and preparing their protest letters. Ironic isn't it? Normally I am a big supporter of CPW's efforts, but unfortunately I suspect that they simply don't have as much say as they would like in this effort-it stinks of politics and is a huge disservice to taxpaying Coloradans (i.e., an unnecessary misuse of taxpayer $) and recreation users everywhere who use these public lands.

Even non res are supposed to send comments? Non res usually get told the animals are owned by the citizens of the state. Non res are entitled. That’s what I usually read. So now when the residents need help are the non res still entitled? Or is this one of those ‘we are in this together’ type of moments?

To take it even further are non res still expected to help while Colorado residents are trying to take away non res opportunity at the same time?

Flyjunky

WKR
Even non res are supposed to send comments? Non res usually get told the animals are owned by the citizens of the state. Non res are entitled. That’s what I usually read. So now when the residents need help are the non res still entitled? Or is this one of those ‘we are in this together’ type of moments?

To take it even further are non res still expected to help while Colorado residents are trying to take away non res opportunity at the same time?
Help us save our herds for our resident hunters while we will make it tougher for you to get a tag to hunt the very animals that we want you to help us protect.

Ironic isn't it?

Amincey34

FNG

I maybe should have worded this better. I personally think this issue applies to anyone and everyone that has any interest in hunting Colorado. While I personally am frustrated about the whole thing I think that’s my opinion. I also think that some of the things you mentioned are all or nothing terms. I see both see sides of the argument with non resident. On one side we have more resident hunters. The flip side is the revenue and opportunities being offered to those who do not live in the state. I can’t say I stand on one side or the other but one thing I do know that when the wolves start making an impact here in Colorado the first thing to be cut will be non res hunting by some margin im sure. Then the resident hunting takes a hit which then pushes those hunters to look further out of state. I can’t say I have the answers for any of these issues. I just know that the wolves will have an impact across the board for the majority of hunters res and non res that hunt here in Colorado and even further to the next generation that wants to hunt.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Help us save our herds for our resident hunters while we will make it tougher for you to get a tag to hunt the very animals that we want you to help us protect.

Ironic isn't it?
Do what you want, I support things all over the west even though I know I won’t nor should I be entitled to tags there every year. But I’ll fight for them. You can have your gotcha moment with Co res but pressure will worsen every year when Co has to cut tags or closes doors, just some food for thought… this is exactly why the anti hunters kick our ass all the time… they unify much easier

Amincey34

FNG
Also if you think that this stops with the introduction to wolves here in Colorado it won’t. They’ll always be on the lookout for something to fight in the hunting world because it’s a money maker that pushes their agenda.

I maybe should have worded this better. I personally think this issue applies to anyone and everyone that has any interest in hunting Colorado. While I personally am frustrated about the whole thing I think that’s my opinion. I also think that some of the things you mentioned are all or nothing terms. I see both see sides of the argument with non resident. On one side we have more resident hunters. The flip side is the revenue and opportunities being offered to those who do not live in the state. I can’t say I stand on one side or the other but one thing I do know that when the wolves start making an impact here in Colorado the first thing to be cut will be non res hunting by some margin im sure. Then the resident hunting takes a hit which then pushes those hunters to look further out of state. I can’t say I have the answers for any of these issues. I just know that the wolves will have an impact across the board for the majority of hunters res and non res that hunt here in Colorado and even further to the next generation that wants to hunt.

Yep there are more res hunters and more non res hunters. So both res and non res get to hunt less than 5-10-15 years ago. Instead residents still want to hunt as much as before so they are taking part of someone else’s pie. Ok that’s fine. I understand.

But to take with one hand, and hold the other out asking for help from the people you just took from? Takes balls. No shame.

Also if you think that this stops with the introduction to wolves here in Colorado it won’t. They’ll always be on the lookout for something to fight in the hunting world because it’s a money maker that pushes their agenda.

Agreed. Read the SO thread if you haven’t. Then you can see how much help your fellow residents will be helping you out.

Hnthrdr

WKR

We are way past stopping it, our only hope is to make sure that management via hunting is part of the plan, still it’s an uphill fight

Hnthrdr

WKR
Yep there are more res hunters and more non res hunters. So both res and non res get to hunt less than 5-10-15 years ago. Instead residents still want to hunt as much as before so they are taking part of someone else’s pie. Ok that’s fine. I understand.

But to take with one hand, and hold the other out asking for help from the people you just took from? Takes balls. No shame.
Yep no shame, I’ll help push hunting in any state over anti hunting regardless of how often I get to hunt it, I’m invested in Wyo, Az, Mt. All of which are cutting NR tags but if I can help there by commenting I will and do

bsnedeker

WKR
We are way past stopping it, our only hope is to make sure that management via hunting is part of the plan, still it’s an uphill fight
And just know that even if they do include hunting in the management plan, once the population reaches objective the anti's will start the lawsuits to delay it until the population is 3 times whatever objective is set.

And by then it will be too late.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Flyjunky

WKR
Do what you want, I support things all over the west even though I know I won’t nor should I be entitled to tags there every year. But I’ll fight for them. You can have your gotcha moment with Co res but pressure will worsen every year when Co has to cut tags or closes doors, just some food for thought… this is exactly why the anti hunters kick our ass all the time… they unify much easier
Oh, you completely misunderstand. I not only give to both hunting and fishing causes outside my normal areas but I give time and donate trips as well....so don't paint so broad.

It's the attitude of those that are so condescending about tag numbers and out of state hunters complaining about tag cuts. You have to admit it's pretty comical. Help, help, help but you don't have a say in how we run our wildlife, but please send comments to help us save our wildlife for the very people who say to stay out of our business.

Your comment about anti-hunters kicking our ass can also be turned around on resident hunters telling out of staters to mind their own business, correct? Isn't that dividing hunters as well?