Colorado wolf slips off collar - Right after being caught

So that's what they are saying when someone blasts a wolf on their land now, ditches the wolf and tosses the collar out of their truck window or side by side on their neighbors' property. lol "They slipped the collar..."

Clever! lol

By my favorite was the person from Michigan that put the wolf GPS collar on the train headed for California back in the early 2000's. lol

7mm-08

WKR
Putting a collar on a wolf is expensive. At one time I recall having the then-predator biologist for the State telling me how much it cost and I was stunned. Contract helicopter time is spendy, but the data gathered by the collar uploads is highly useful to biologists.

Ishisube

Lil-Rokslider
Democrats want us to leave nature alone, but they refuse to lead by example. Constantly trying to control everything, and if nature won't cooperate, they'll try to put collars on it.

Democrats want us to leave nature alone, but they refuse to lead by example. Constantly trying to control everything, and if nature won't cooperate, they'll try to put collars on it.
Gun toting, freedom loving Democrat here. A couple things:

1. Wolf reintroduction is a bipartisan issue. Collaring animals is not a political practice, but one used by biologists around the world to help inform decisions about how best to protect natural resources, agriculture, and the wildlife itself.

2. While you’ll no doubt encounter a wide range of views from Democrats (many of which I don’t agree with,) the party platform is to protect natural resources. That by very definition means you can’t “leave them alone.”

3. I’d much prefer that we have more hunting opportunities and less competition among hunters, whether two legged or four. So I fully support collaring animals to help us ensure my kids and their kids have healthy game populations to hunt.

gbflyer

WKR
Usually it’s a pup that they shouldn’t have collared to start with that slips one. Weird an adult came out of one.

Wrench

WKR
Gun toting, freedom loving Democrat here. A couple things:

1. Wolf reintroduction is a bipartisan issue. Collaring animals is not a political practice, but one used by biologists around the world to help inform decisions about how best to protect natural resources, agriculture, and the wildlife itself.

2. While you’ll no doubt encounter a wide range of views from Democrats (many of which I don’t agree with,) the party platform is to protect natural resources. That by very definition means you can’t “leave them alone.”

3. I’d much prefer that we have more hunting opportunities and less competition among hunters, whether two legged or four. So I fully support collaring animals to help us ensure my kids and their kids have healthy game populations to hunt.
This one is easy to answer with google earth.

Look aerial pics of extreme eastern Washington and north Idaho. The watersheds are similar (Sullivan vs priest, p.o river vs the moyie). Look at logging practices....vastly different. Look at animal densities.....vastly different. Look at politics.....vastly different.

What the pic doesn't show is that you cannot ride an atv or snowmobile in 99.9% of Washington and hunting season in Idaho is measured in months vs days in Washington.