Colorado Wildfires and my hunt next week

workethic

FNG
I am supposed to be bear hunting in GMU 42 next week starting Wednesday morning and was wondering if anyone had any insight as to the conditions out there. Am I going to be sucking smoke for the 8 days I am there and how is the haze from the smoke. Ill be up around 8-9k. I am wondering if I should do some quick planning in a different GMU that my tag supports, any thoughts on that idea? Thanks in advance!

Smokeslider

Lil-Rokslider
Do some internet searching for webcams in the area you are planning to hunt in and that should at least give you an idea of real-time visibility. We use them quite a bit in aviation to check visibility in areas we are trying to get into. There's some other tools available as well that aviation uses. Skyvector.com is a good site that will show airport weather stations and their visibility.

OP
W

workethic

FNG
Do some internet searching for webcams in the area you are planning to hunt in and that should at least give you an idea of real-time visibility. We use them quite a bit in aviation to check visibility in areas we are trying to get into. There's some other tools available as well that aviation uses. Skyvector.com is a good site that will show airport weather stations and their visibility.

That worked awesome thank you!