Colorado Unit 61 Archery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After years of chasing point creep I finally was able to draw unit 61 for archery this fall! I will be heading out once or twice to scout this summer but seeing as I will never build up 16 points again to hunt there I am looking for any help I can get. I have been reading through all I can on here for 61 (including finding my old post from 2020 that got me set on the archery tag) but am always looking to learn more.

Has anyone hunted there in the past few years who would be willing to share advice? If you would be up for a phone call, please send me a PM - that would be fantastic!

Any and all advice will be appreciated! The unit is completely new to me so I will be spending a lot of time e-scouting before heading up in June. Even then I have no idea if I should look at trying a guide for the start of season and then hunt on my own later (are there packers in the area if I go solo?).

Thank you in advance!
Dan

Last edited:

Ucsdryder

WKR
There was a guy on here that hunted archery and was unsuccessful. He didn’t even really see anything worth taking a closer look. I’d find his post and see if he could offer some advice. Sometimes unsuccessful hunter advice is just as valuable.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to Rokslide. You should take an opportunity to look around a bit and you'll find this community is pretty awesome.

Now unfortunately we aren't letting FNG's (new guys) post up unit specific questions. Any unit question/answers remain out in the world wide webs forever, which can doom some really great spots.

Rokslide's administrations expectation is that all long standing Rokslide members will understand and support this concept and take all such conversations to private message.

Yes it's a hassle to join and be part of this community but the rewards are worth the effort including the ability to send and receive private messages.

Hope to see you active in the forums, and good luck on your hunt!

OP
D
Welcome to Rokslide. You should take an opportunity to look around a bit and you'll find this community is pretty awesome.

Now unfortunately we aren't letting FNG's (new guys) post up unit specific questions. Any unit question/answers remain out in the world wide webs forever, which can doom some really great spots.

Rokslide's administrations expectation is that all long standing Rokslide members will understand and support this concept and take all such conversations to private message.

Yes it's a hassle to join and be part of this community but the rewards are worth the effort including the ability to send and receive private messages.

Hope to see you active in the forums, and good luck on your hunt!
Hi Tony - I had asked if people would be willing to PM me and have a call, to avoid burning anyone/anywhere. Is that not allowed? This is coming off a post I made here in 2020 about which unit to hunt, finally drawing a recommended unit. https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/colorado-2021-elk-unit-decisions.200281/

sndmn11

WKR
Hi Tony - I had asked if people would be willing to PM me and have a call, to avoid burning anyone/anywhere. Is that not allowed? This is coming off a post I made here in 2020 about which unit to hunt, finally drawing a recommended unit. https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/colorado-2021-elk-unit-decisions.200281/

You've had years to answer your own questions, at least since 2020. Throwing out unit numbers, towns, etc., makes your experience searchable and probably increases the lore. That leads to accelerated point creep. "I won't hunt here again" doesn't help out the people who had the points this year but we're out or are a point or two behind. On top of that pseudo-selfishness, you definitely aren't a person who has contributed to this community of a forum.

Go scout and learn it; this is supposed to be the point where your investment in preparing to hunt it pays off.

Status
Not open for further replies.