Colorado OTC - Shooter?

Any legal bull dies.

I don’t pay $700 for a license and $1500 in fuel to bring home pictures of the scenery.

If my license didn’t cost 13 times more than a residents license I would probably pass.

But there’s a little animosity there.……obviously.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Any legal bull dies.

I don’t pay $700 for a license and $1500 in fuel to bring home pictures of the scenery.

If my license didn’t cost 13 times more than a residents license I would probably pass.

But there’s a little animosity there.……obviously.
Well when residents get to hunt their back yards every year, then we can talk about NR license fees coming down… until then pay up buttercup. Co is the de facto western playground for dang near the entire country

Gapmaster

WKR
3 of us hunt together and have a policy of sticking the first adult legal elk we get a chance at. This is for take home meat. Then we get pickier, but I’d shoot him even if we had meat on the ground already. Any elk with a bow is worth shooting in OTC. Lots of guys never get one with a bow.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Any legal bull dies.

The more I pay, the more picky I become. I'm not paying $2200 to shoot a raghorn. I'm not paying $700 to shoot a raghorn.

A few years ago I had a bull like this one 65 yards from my wall tent. He was standing still and broadside, and I was at full draw with my pin on him. I decided to pass.......it was a draw unit. That would have been an easy pack out. But I enjoy putting maximum time into my draw elk hunts.

Can’t eat antlers. With how much elk meat my family eats, pressure is on from my wife to refill the freezer. Shooting.

BDRam16

WKR
What’s weird, most guys on public land wouldn’t shoot a fork horn, 3x3 WT first day….. elk changes everything . You’re looking at a forky WT.
It’s because that WT tag didn’t cost me $800+ after qualifying license, thousands in backpacking gear, 16+ hours each way at $4+ a gallon, countless hours working out, with only 5 days to be shorter because I’m splitting time with a partner. #gonnasendit lol

txjustin

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve never killed an elk. This year is my 3rd season. He’s be eating lead from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LostArra

WKR
What’s weird, most guys on public land wouldn’t shoot a fork horn, 3x3 WT first day….. elk changes everything . You’re looking at a forky WT.
With that elk in the freezer I've got three whole months of archery season to be picky about a whitetail.

I’ve learned over the years that tag soup really isn’t all that hard to swallow if it means letting a bull or buck reach maturity. With that being said, who knows maybe he falls off a cliff right after this and dies? Maybe he stumbles onto a pack of wolves? Maybe a lion jumps out of a tree and ends him young. When dealing with nature in its purest form, anything can happen.

Would be an excellent bull for a young hunter or somebody starting their hunting journey. For me he’s a pass. Great photo!
I leave the game management to the state wildlife departments. If they sell me a tag that says Any Elk I shoot any elk. Sure I would prefer a bull for the wall decoration but my main goal is a dead elk on ice.