Colorado, it’s draw time!!

Drew my elk tag. Good one, but going to have to turn it in. No chance my wife will go for me leaving all of august for sheep just to turn around and do the same in September for elk. Guess I’ll take my PP and hunt elk next year

Got my elk tag. Looks like my thanksgiving plans will be different this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elk points updated. Got my first choice. Muzzleloader.

Went 4 of 5 on drawing first choice. Didn't get moose, but I didn't expect to.

So, I had Muzzle loader as my first choice and Archery Bull for my second choice as back up.
I figured the archery would be a shoe-in if the muzzleloader didn't pop. Checked my CPW account and it says "Not Awarded". Does that mean I got neither of them? My brother and son both got their bull archery for the same unit (71). This is really going to mess up our trip if I got blanked, should have just skipped the MZL and went straight archery. I guess try for 2nd draw and leftovers and cross fingers.

So, I had Muzzle loader as my first choice and Archery Bull for my second choice as back up.
I figured the archery would be a shoe-in if the muzzleloader didn't pop. Checked my CPW account and it says "Not Awarded". Does that mean I got neither of them? My brother and son both got their bull archery for the same unit (71). This is really going to mess up our trip if I got blanked, should have just skipped the MZL and went straight archery. I guess try for 2nd draw and leftovers and cross fingers.
Yep, not awarded means no tag. You might still be able to get one in the second draw or off the leftover list.

Next time, you could put in a group application.

New for 2022 is a brief tag surrender period (Due Monday, 6/6). You can get a refund and your preference points restored. Does the old rule of being able to return your tag for a refund up to 30 days before season (and forfeit preference points) still hold true. I don't have any points anyway.

Got both of the tags I applied for, an eastern pains mule deer archery tag and an eastern plains pronghorn rifle tag. Doing the OTC archery elk thing again this year.

New for 2022 is a brief tag surrender period (Due Monday, 6/6). You can get a refund and your preference points restored. Does the old rule of being able to return your tag for a refund up to 30 days before season (and forfeit preference points) still hold true. I don't have any points anyway.

Yes it still holds true. Here is the wording from the big game regulations on page 3.

Refunds: You can get a refund OR have your preference points restored for a
big-game license that you draw. You must return the license to CPW at
least 30 days before the start of the season for which the license is valid.

Drew archery mule deer 1st choice and archery elk for same unit as 2nd choice. No bear but I’ll take it.

Back