Colorado Deer Draw is up

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
Saw this on another site and thought I would post it here, sounds like we should wait a little longer before making plans. "I called DOW today and got this answer. " The preference points statistics are not correct for 2013 because as of last thursday(may 9th) they approved a 25% cut in all Colorado deer tags across the board"

that was straight from the DOW's mouth. He said units that used to take 1 or 2 points will now take 4 or more because of fewer tags.

I inquired about our specific unit and he said tags were cut from 250 to 220 for 3rd season."

That is not 25% but still a cut. Making it even harder to draw.

Here is the link for the 2013 deer quotas

http://wildlife.state.co.us/SiteCol...ommission/2013/May/ChW-2-Quota-AsApproved.pdf

BigBird

FNG
I now have 11 pts what the hell should I do pull the trigger next year on a early season hunt or accumulate for a late season unit? What would you guys do?

I have a 591 showing as well! Looks like we drew our 3rd season tag which is AWESOME! First time in these units so we're looking forward to getting to know them...

I now have 3 bonus points for deer and am already thinking about 2014 and where they'll best be spent! :-/

Mike

Drew my tag as 2nd choice. Took this buck in 2011 with a 2nd choice tag as well. I doubt I can match it, but will have fun trying!
image.jpg

Last edited:

Rocky

WKR
2013 - 491 NON RES DEER ....guessing this means I didn't draw any of my other choices for CO deer....correct?

bbrown

WKR
I heard the drawing is taking place this Friday so you should be able to check your preference points after that and have an idea if you drew your first choice.

Kebler

Lil-Rokslider
Say a guy went point 1st then a second choice that is 99.9 percent chance, how would he know if he drew 2nd choice.?

Vids

WKR
you can go and act like your buying a habitat stamp and see if there is a deer license on file

Correct, it will have a 500 code in front of it if you have a license. If you just see a 400 code and it says DEER APP then you don't have a license.

Also, it takes a few days after your preference points change for this to show up. I would guess this "backdoor" method will be available Tuesday of next week.

dang guys, saw the title of this thread in the recent posts ticker and rushed over to the DOW site saw no new points and thought i drew! now i see the threads a year old and the wait continues...ha ha,my own fault for getting jumpy

Bar

Banned
I have a friend who works as a hunt planner in Denver office. He told me deer and bear draw on the 8th, and elk on the 10th. He said to call him on the 10th for all my results.