Colorado Deer Draw is up

topher89

WKR
I still can't pull anything up when I try to look on the preference points page. When I go to the license page I see my pronghorn, deer and elk applications but that is it.

My points say zero but the year says 2006 next to them which is the last time I didn't draw my first choice any ideas on if I drew or not?

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
Only your 1st choice is reflected in the Current Pref Point status.
The 500 Hunt codes via the backdoor are not up yet for 2nd - 4th choice

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
That is the earliest I've ever seen them draw. Nice!
My preference points show three which is right as I applied for points only.

I have 3 points now so hoping for our second choice or leftover. Might just use the money to hunt Idaho though too...

Mike

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
rumrzr, where on God's green earth ya been? We gotta hear from you more often than when Colorado draws! Great on the tag, I know you'll make good on it. Throw us a bone and show us what you killed last time you were down there. You owe us!

Saw this on another site and thought I would post it here, sounds like we should wait a little longer before making plans. "I called DOW today and got this answer. " The preference points statistics are not correct for 2013 because as of last thursday(may 9th) they approved a 25% cut in all Colorado deer tags across the board"

that was straight from the DOW's mouth. He said units that used to take 1 or 2 points will now take 4 or more because of fewer tags.

I inquired about our specific unit and he said tags were cut from 250 to 220 for 3rd season."

That is not 25% but still a cut. Making it even harder to draw.

rumrzr

FNG
rumrzr, where on God's green earth ya been? We gotta hear from you more often than when Colorado draws! Great on the tag, I know you'll make good on it. Throw us a bone and show us what you killed last time you were down there. You owe us!

Here is the deer I got in Colorado in 2011. Could not have done it without help from muleyman. Can't wait to get back this year and hopefully connect on another quality deer.

Attachments

• 2011-11-08 09.53.05.jpg
    2011-11-08 09.53.05.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 170
Last edited by a moderator: