Colorado Assault Weapons Ban

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I doubt it. Democrats will be democrats, voting in the same garbage and getting the desired results.
While CO is clearly drifting to a blue state it was previously more of a purple state, TBD what backlash the last years will cause in the 2024 election. My rep won with 54% of the vote in 2022. Piss a couple percent of the voters off and that can tilt quick.

Hnthrdr

WKR
While CO is clearly drifting to a blue state it was previously more of a purple state, TBD what backlash the last years will cause in the 2024 election. My rep won with 54% of the vote in 2022. Piss a couple percent of the voters off and that can tilt quick.
My man, Co is pretty deep blue these days, at least in the population centers :( I don’t think we have been purple since 2010 or so.

Vaultman

WKR
From the bill...
"The tactical features on assault weapons are not merely cosmetic, and they are not minor. They differentiate assault weapons from other firearms by allowing a shooter to better conceal weapons, make it easier to fire a high volume of ammunition in a short period of time while maintaining accuracy, maximizing catastrophic injury, and providing ease of use for less than expert users."

these things make me shoot better! Unbelievable what these people think, and actually will say!

Hnthrdr

WKR
From the bill...
"The tactical features on assault weapons are not merely cosmetic, and they are not minor. They differentiate assault weapons from other firearms by allowing a shooter to better conceal weapons, make it easier to fire a high volume of ammunition in a short period of time while maintaining accuracy, maximizing catastrophic injury, and providing ease of use for less than expert users."

these things make me shoot better! Unbelievable what these people think, and actually will say!
they forgot to add that those rifles will turn you into a sexual tyrannosaurus

I just skimmed it, but having read the WA AWB bill several dozen times it's practically verbatim. Even the Legislative Declaration foreword. The Everytown AWB boilerplate language.

If you Coloradans want a preview of the 2025 legislation they'll introduce, here's a preview.

This would ban way more than the Armalite/Modern Sporting/AR style rifles. Pistol grip shotguns and my .22 pistol with threaded barrel would be outlawed as well. Cant recall last time a mass shooter chose to bring his turkey and squirrel guns to the mall.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Yeah I moved to a pretty rural area and even all of my representatives are blue now. Really feels like we passed the point of no return for a while
The people in Colorado are strange as hell. I know a guy who loves his AR15s, has at least 15 of them but he’s a die hard liberal who does yoga at red rocks on Saturday mornings.

I lived in Colorado for 3-4 years back in the day and it didn’t seem so blue back then, now it’s completely unrecognizable.

Lots of hot triathlete chicks in Boulder though.

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider
CO is quickly becoming worse than places like Maryland lmao. Wth are yall up to over there?

The people in Colorado are strange as hell. I know a guy who loves his AR15s, has at least 15 of them but he’s a die hard liberal who does yoga at red rocks on Saturday mornings.

I lived in Colorado for 3-4 years back in the day and it didn’t seem so blue back then, now it’s completely unrecognizable.

People don't need to fit a mold and I wish less did. I love guns, don't think we need any more legislation on them except for maybe somehow figuring out a way to enforce safe storage because the problem is the population being sick not the guns, but I'll be the first person to tell you Trump is a total piece of shit, I'll never vote for him, I have no problem with people being homosexual or transexual because I believe in personal total freedom and there's too damn many people reproducing on this planet anyway, capitalism actually kinda sucks, screw electric vehicles they're not a real solution but also screw fossil fuels and yes we are actually totally screwing up our planet, and let's go nuclear energy, etc.

I'd never live in Colorado. Too many idiots in those urban areas.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
People don't need to fit a mold and I wish less did. I love guns, don't think we need any more legislation on them except for maybe somehow figuring out a way to enforce safe storage because the problem is the population being sick not the guns, but I'll be the first person to tell you Trump is a total piece of shit, I'll never vote for him, I have no problem with people being homosexual or transexual because I believe in personal total freedom and there's too damn many people reproducing on this planet anyway, capitalism actually kinda sucks, screw electric vehicles they're not a real solution but also screw fossil fuels and yes we are actually totally screwing up our planet, and let's go nuclear energy, etc.

I'd never live in Colorado. Too many idiots in those urban areas.
I’m getting Colorado vibes from this post.

Hoffy

FNG

I think the thing that did us in was all the people who moved here. Sure, there are definitely a lot of the AR-15 liberals here (never thought I would have to type that phrase, but here we are), but I think the thing that really put us over the edge was all of the people who moved to the cities for work over the last 15 years. The Colorado tech boom attracted tons of people who have no connection to the outdoors or the culture here, and they just blanket vote for California policies. Sad that probably the best hunting state in the lower 48 has been destroyed like this.