Colorado Assault Weapons Ban

t_carlson

WKR
The libs are losing their minds.

They don't even *try* to pass constitutional legislation anymore. Recent USSC holdings should give them pause with stuff like this, but much like Biden's student loan forgiveness, apparently they have adopted the mentality of "if you don't succeed the first time, try and try again."

Article 4

WKR
NSSF is on it! It'll get overturned

In the meantime, stop doing any business at all in Colorado if you can help it. NR Tags, dont buy them....Tourism, don't do it. It's a lot to ask and do sometimes but our votes and our money are the most readily available things we can leverage to fight states that willfully circumvent the Constitution and willfully disregard their oaths of office!

Then perhaps take that money and invest it in NSSF like organizations that will fight for us. Hard choice I made to not hunt in Co anymore and do my best to take flights that don't connect through Denver etc....none of my money will they get.

Phaseolus

WKR
NSSF is on it! It'll get overturned

In the meantime, stop doing any business at all in Colorado if you can help it. NR Tags, dont buy them....Tourism, don't do it. It's a lot to ask and do sometimes but our votes and our money are the most readily available things we can leverage to fight states that willfully circumvent the Constitution and willfully disregard their oaths of office!

Then perhaps take that money and invest it in NSSF like organizations that will fight for us. Hard choice I made to not hunt in Co anymore and do my best to take flights that don't connect through Denver etc....none of my money will they get.
It has to first pass before it can be overturned.

Phaseolus

WKR
There is a true doubt. The bill includes a grandfather clause so if you already own one you won’t lose it. I live in Western Colorado so obviously i’m against it for what that is worth.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Yep Co has gone and lost its mind… best part is the one bill that would have imposed harsher sentences on people who stole firearms… stolen firearms are far more likely to be used in a crime btw… was thrown out. Because and I am quoting a state legislator. It would result in the incarceration of too many young black and brown men… are you freaking kidding me. They said they won’t incarcerate their way out of a crime problem… hahaha their blatant racism of low expectations is disgusting. Oh also if we want to talk the “epidemic” of mass shooting hit me up, I can let you know that you are about as likely to be wounded in a mass shooting as you are to be struck by lightning in the state of Co…

Last edited:
Yep Co has gone and lost its mind… best part is the one bill that would have imposed harsher sentences on people who stole firearms… stolen firearms are far more likely to be used in a crime btw… was thrown out. Because and I am quoting a state legislator. It would result in the incarceration of too many young black and brown men… are you freaking kidding me. They said they won’t incarcerate their way out of a crime problem… hahaha
Jeeze man it's like a bad parody comedy skit or something.

sndmn11

WKR
Ok thats fair
Is there a true doubt in that state that it wont? Precedent in other lib leaning state congress that post bills similar to this, like Cali and others, they usually pass and require appeal to overturn
Yes, there's a lot of things like this that don't make it halfway. These are more so used as vague, "this person didn't support gun control", for in-party things later on.

Flyjunky

WKR
Yep Co has gone and lost its mind… best part is the one bill that would have imposed harsher sentences on people who stole firearms… stolen firearms are far more likely to be used in a crime btw… was thrown out. Because and I am quoting a state legislator. It would result in the incarceration of too many young black and brown men… are you freaking kidding me. They said they won’t incarcerate their way out of a crime problem… hahaha they blatant racism of low expectations is disgusting. Oh also if we want to talk the “epidemic” of mass shooting hit me up, I can let you know that you are about as likely to be wounded in a mass shooting as you are to be struck by lightning in the state of Co…
This is the crux of the issue. Until we can openly and factually talk about who and where gun violence is being committed, nothing will change. Neither side wants it to change though because it gives them talking points and $$$$.

I do agree though that anyone who brings forth a law that violates the constitution, which they swore to uphold, should have to immediately resign.

Article 4

WKR
This is the crux of the issue. Until we can openly and factually talk about who and where gun violence is being committed, nothing will change. Neither side wants it to change though because it gives them talking points and $$$$.

I do agree though that anyone who brings forth a law that violates the constitution, which they swore to uphold, should have to immediately resign
All Hail second part of post!!!!

180ls1

WKR
Blatantly illegal legislation like this should carry repercussions when the courts strike it down

It won't unless we do something about it. It's actually quite effective. Some of it sticks and it costs millions of dollars and years to fight.