Cold Quiver 50 Yards

Mmcan

WKR
2 weeks from tomorrow I'll be riding into elk camp. I've been running lifting shooting,... And trying to simulate hunting conditions.

Today I had 40lbs in my Nomad. Jogged the target range a couple of times (90 yards). Jogged to the 3D course, took a knee, and these are my shots from 50 yards.

image.jpg

My HeliM is really making me happy. Feeling more confident, and still have a few days to get into even better shape and practice shooting.

Thank you to all the Roksliders! I've truly learned a lot on this forum, and it's been an amazing source of inspiration and info.

Good luck to you all as hunting season approaches!!!

Last edited:

RyanC

WKR
Your ready my man! Time to finalize the packing list, assemble your food, get your broadheads on, and have many restless nights dreaming about being in the elk woods. I fly out Sept 5th myself, headed for Washington to hunt my brother! Can't wait.

Ryan

OP
M

Mmcan

WKR
Your ready my man! Time to finalize the packing list, assemble your food, get your broadheads on, and have many restless nights dreaming about being in the elk woods. I fly out Sept 5th myself, headed for Washington to hunt my brother! Can't wait.

Ryan

How much lead time you going to give him??!!

OP
M

Mmcan

WKR
Nice shooting. Those FP's or broadheads?

Those are FP's but my broad heads shoot the same (Solid 125gr and Helix 125gr)

I really don't shoot broad heads a lot. There's only 1 range to do that, and it's a pain in the ass pulling them from targets. So I shoot them once a month or so just to make sure they're still true. Will do that this weekend.

RyanC

WKR
Guess I should read my post before hitting the button:cool:
Nice one fellas.

RC

WKR
Rest. Any conditioning work you do now will only cause fatigue. Overtraining is bragging material but not effective at maximizing physical performance.

Edit: I see that you still have 2 weeks rather than the couple of days I initially though you said. Just make sure the last week is light on the training, especially if you are heavily muscled.

Last edited:

littlebuf

Banned
Rest. Any conditioning work you do now will only cause fatigue. Overtraining is bragging material but not effective at maximizing physical performance.

I agree with this. I've even stopped shooting all that much about two weeks before the season . Three arrows a night. The rest is trip prep and mental prep. Really on e you get this close you know your bows on, you know your shooting well and of you e been working on it you know your in shape for it. The rest is mental and making sue your ready when it counts . It's not like your going to sprout a beer belly and miss your target by 4 feet if you dial it back a week or so before the hunt . I'm still running every day but that's about it at this point . I won't risk injury this close to elk season

And the shooting I do is with broad heads at his point. The field points are now useless even though mine all hit the same. Again goes towards mental preparedness and building confidence for when the moment comes

OP
M

Mmcan

WKR
I agree with this. I've even stopped shooting all that much about two weeks before the season . Three arrows a night. The rest is trip prep and mental prep. Really on e you get this close you know your bows on, you know your shooting well and of you e been working on it you know your in shape for it. The rest is mental and making sue your ready when it counts . It's not like your going to sprout a beer belly and miss your target by 4 feet if you dial it back a week or so before the hunt . I'm still running every day but that's about it at this point . I won't risk injury this close to elk season

And the shooting I do is with broad heads at his point. The field points are now useless even though mine all hit the same. Again goes towards mental preparedness and building confidence for when the moment comes

Great advice, y'all. I've been going lighter weight w more reps to improve cardio instead of increase mass and avoid pulling a muscle. I cannot f'ing imagine getting hurt now and being unable to hunt. I would be a hot mess for the next year. Would need ECT!

As I said, it's broad heads mañana. Just to be sure. And then its just going to be sleepless nights and frustration waiting and waiting and waiting,...

Picking what I need to take, making sure gear is clean, scent free, batteries fresh, food is tasty (kind of makes me laugh that I'm eating MH and really liking it!).

PSYCHED!