Cock Block: A Hunting Story

Ever cock block a buddy, even if unintentionally? I did it once and I can’t help but laugh about it, 20 years later. I was reminded about it today when the unintended victim called to see if I had a y luck hunting last week. The subject came up and we reminisced. Hell, I think I did him a favor.

My buddy called and asked if I would DD for him and his date. They were going to a party and he planned to drink and try and get lucky. We grew up in a low density area, not quite the sticks, but an area where the smallest lots were 5 acres. He lived 3 houses away, but it was still nearly a mike away.

I picked him and his date up at his house, at about 9 PM. It was already dark out. His mom appreciated that I was driving and let me take her 4Runner. I realized I forgot my chew in my truck and decided to stop back at my house to grab a can. I was 18 and living at home with my folks before leaving for college.

As I came up the driveway, I saw 3 raccoons between the road and the house. I drove into the front “yard”, which was more of an open area with some oak trees, and got the raccoons treed. I banged on my dad’s window and told him about the raccoons. He came out with a shotgun and we put a hurt on the first two coons. The third climbed out over a limb and I shot it with a load of BB. It fell and landed on the hood of the 4Runner, covered in blood. His date was so offended and grossed out, she demanded to go back to his house where she got in her car and left.

Whoops!

First date I drove over a ground hog in a ditch. She was horrified that I would try to flip a jeep just to kill a ground hog. The thing was it didn't quite kill it, it was in the ditch kicking and carrying on. So she wanted me to atleast put it out of its misery so I got out to finish it off, but ended up only having a screw driver. That was a little worse for her than the running over the thing, stabbing it repeatedly with a flathead screwdriver.

But we are still together. Guess the only cockblock part of it was a buddy was chasing her first, I gave him a while but he just wasn't getting it done.

hic7877

FNG
I have to ask, where are you from ? Only certain regions of the country would this happen

OP
MeatMissile
I have to ask, where are you from ? Only certain regions of the country would this happen

About an hour and a half south of Seattle is where I was born and raised, but my family came to WA from OK before I was born.

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
In college I had a girlfriend that owned a house with a big garage. My buddies and I were going deer hunting and I asked if we could use her garage to hang some deer when we got back. She said "sure" and kind of laughed. So we got back and hung four bucks in her garage. She gets home and has a conniption.....and then says "I thought you were joking". Why on earth would a hunter joke about something like that? SMH We weren't exactly on the best of terms after that. I blocked myself.

Had a group of us rent a VRBO chalet next to a popular ski resort in NC. While headed back from a liquor store trip, we saw a button buck that had been hit by a car and had it's leg broken and had an obvious spinal injury. I called the police to report that the deer needed to be shot, as it was suffering. When the officer arrived (about 45 minutes later), he called my cell and informed me that he found the deer. I told him that I would take the deer to eat, if possible. I also had to explain that I had consumed a little bit of wine. He then asked if I was alright to drive the 1/4 mile to where he and the deer were so that I could pick it up. I say yes and meet him. I proceeded to field dress the deer while the officer thanks me for reporting the deer and taking the meat.
Bringing the deer back and hanging it from the second story deck of the VRBO did not bode well for some of the women in our party, especially the next morning as day broke and it got the attention of some dog walkers and such.
1633446996738.png1633447014739.png

Attachments

• IMG_9437.jpg
    IMG_9437.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 64

Finch

WKR
Not a cock block story but kinda along the lines of other stories here.

My HS girlfriend and I (now my wife) were driving around the county when we came upon a deer that had just been hit by a car. She staggers up and down and falls into a creek beside the road. I instinctively get out with my pocket knife, straddle the deer, and slit her throat to end her suffering. Blood pours out and washes downstream. I stood there thinking this girl probably thinks I'm a serial killer or something but nope... got lucky that night. 😄

Thinking about it now... maybe she's the effed up one. :unsure:

Wallace

Lil-Rokslider
Had a group of us rent a VRBO chalet next to a popular ski resort in NC. While headed back from a liquor store trip, we saw a button buck that had been hit by a car and had it's leg broken and had an obvious spinal injury. I called the police to report that the deer needed to be shot, as it was suffering. When the officer arrived (about 45 minutes later), he called my cell and informed me that he found the deer. I told him that I would take the deer to eat, if possible. I also had to explain that I had consumed a little bit of wine. He then asked if I was alright to drive the 1/4 mile to where he and the deer were so that I could pick it up. I say yes and meet him. I proceeded to field dress the deer while the officer thanks me for reporting the deer and taking the meat.
Bringing the deer back and hanging it from the second story deck of the VRBO did not bode well for some of the women in our party, especially the next morning as day broke and it got the attention of some dog walkers and such.
View attachment 333040View attachment 333041

Beech or Sugar Mountain?

TSAMP

WKR
Fishing in northern Minnesota on one of the better crappie lakes I've been on. My lady at the times roommates family had a cabin. So both couples were on the family pontoon, us guys promptly began to slay away on slab crappie and occasionally a pike. Girls were out floating in tubes when I realize there's no live well. I decide I'll start tossing them in the bottom of the drink cooler and just pile ice and beer over them. It was my cooler anyway. My beer consumption never slowed and I only kept adding to my pile.. I also was getting less careful of hiding my prize. Eventually one of the girls went for a cold one and got a slimy hand and discovered my stash. You'd of thought I slapped them with it they were so upset and disgusted they had been drinking out of that.

That day I realized it wasn't going to work. It was kind of sad because as I said. That was a dynamite lake.

OP
MeatMissile
Not a cock block story but kinda along the lines of other stories here.

My HS girlfriend and I (now my wife) were driving around the county when we came upon a deer that had just been hit by a car. She staggers up and down and falls into a creek beside the road. I instinctively get out with my pocket knife, straddle the deer, and slit her throat to end her suffering. Blood pours out and washes downstream. I stood there thinking this girl probably thinks I'm a serial killer or something but nope... got lucky that night. 😄

Thinking about it now... maybe she's the effed up one. :unsure:
ALLAHU AKBAR!

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Ever cock block a buddy, even if unintentionally? I did it once and I can’t help but laugh about it, 20 years later. I was reminded about it today when the unintended victim called to see if I had a y luck hunting last week. The subject came up and we reminisced. Hell, I think I did him a favor.

My buddy called and asked if I would DD for him and his date. They were going to a party and he planned to drink and try and get lucky. We grew up in a low density area, not quite the sticks, but an area where the smallest lots were 5 acres. He lived 3 houses away, but it was still nearly a mike away.

I picked him and his date up at his house, at about 9 PM. It was already dark out. His mom appreciated that I was driving and let me take her 4Runner. I realized I forgot my chew in my truck and decided to stop back at my house to grab a can. I was 18 and living at home with my folks before leaving for college.

As I came up the driveway, I saw 3 raccoons between the road and the house. I drove into the front “yard”, which was more of an open area with some oak trees, and got the raccoons treed. I banged on my dad’s window and told him about the raccoons. He came out with a shotgun and we put a hurt on the first two coons. The third climbed out over a limb and I shot it with a load of BB. It fell and landed on the hood of the 4Runner, covered in blood. His date was so offended and grossed out, she demanded to go back to his house where she got in her car and left.

Whoops!
She showed all her cards. One really needs to get those differences settled from the get go. It would have never worked out anywho.