C'mon Nevada, post 'em up

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hahaha. I have up on it, my faith in seeing a nv tag in my mailbox has vanished.

Any cc hits from the rokslide community?

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
no cc hits for me,
nothing in the HuntNevada webpage, probably tomorrow at this time...

man am I going to be grouchy if I don't draw

Hide kids!

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
My credit card girls are tired of me calling about "pending charges" from the Utah draw...I think that ship has sailed. Now I will have 13 points going into next year and a two week antelope hunt already planned. 2014 will be a good elk year. Nevada is my last hope.

I wonder how the trout fishing is in Utah, I should just start scouting now.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks BSA.

This cover eMail will describe the nature of the problem and the solution.
1)We ran the draw on Monty’s machine yesterday. The draw concluded sometime around noon and then we started the first of many processes that we have to do post draw and pre-display of the HTML results that are searchable by the general public (and will be displayed late Friday afternoon). Namely, Monty restored the backup with the actual application records updated to our server sometime in the late afternoon yesterday. This server is the one that is accessed by the On line application process and by the Harvest Return Card process, etc.
2)We had long ago modified the Harvest Return Card web site (where you see your tags and the status of your harvest reports, whether filed or not, etc.) so that it WOULD NOT prematurely display your tags until the release date had passed. This was to prevent inadvertent discovery of draw results prior to the release date.
3)Apparently, while we DID NOT display actual tag/hunts successful for the new draw, a label at the bottom of the Return Cards tab on this site did count the number of tags you had on file and displayed this count (though we didn’t display the unripe tags from the latest draw). As such, if you had fourteen tags in your total experience with NDOW heretofore and you drew one this time, it would say “15 records found, Page 1 of 3”. Some enterprising soul (we can’t get these guys to apply on time or correctly apply, to heed the admonitions; but, they can comb through the web site ENDLESSLY afterword and dig this stuff up, AMAZING) discovered that if you counted the records and it MIGHT not match the count in “xx records found,” portion of the message. He then speculated (correctly) that this indicated the number of tags you drew in the latest draw.
4)Monty and Wayne met early at the office and applied a fix. We no longer paginate the Return Cards as we did previously. Instead, it is one continuous list (like we do with the Applications Tab). We also no longer tell you how many results were found. Effectively, this blocks anyone from seeing what they drew UNTIL the release date has passed. They can go tomorrow afternoon and see the draw results on the HTML site.
5)This will be something we report this year during our “State of the Draw” in the “mea culpa” section. While I don’t think the consequences were grave, and we fixed it quickly, it still is a reportable event in my estimation.

PhillyB

WKR
I dont recall Nevada hitting cc's first like Utah. I think the charges come after the results post. I believe in the past the cc hits have been about a week later

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I think you're right PhillyB, but that won't stop me from checking multiple times :)

I outta just take a vacation day to hit refresh and check cc hits. I'd get about as much work done here as I am now.

C'mon NV, throw me a bone!

I paid my money, waited 7 years, wasted countless hours checking results, you owe me!

:)

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think you're right PhillyB, but that won't stop me from checking multiple times :)

I outta just take a vacation day to hit refresh and check cc hits. I'd get about as much work done here as I am now.

C'mon NV, throw me a bone!

I paid my money, waited 7 years, wasted countless hours checking results, you owe me!

:)

hey me too and I'm a resident. No luck for me this year guys, however I wish you all the best!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
DrH,
it sounds like you know your results?????????

site still not showing they've been posted?????

shanevg

WKR
Robby you are hilarious!

I'm anxiously waiting as well although I only have 3 points so my hopes aren't too high.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes I know my results, from the instructions I posted on another topic and the info I posted earlier on this topic solidifies my findings as did not draw, they took down the back door so you can't look now unfortunately.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Got it! so the wait continues for me...

Thanks!

shanevg, that is the great thing about NV, even 3 points can get you a tag!

Stay posted if you want to either:

1) hear me cry like a baby
2) do backflips (I've never attempted one in my life, so it could get dicey)

btw, last year they posted around 3 pm, but I can't remember if it was Pacific time (much of NV is) or my Mnt time. Told you i'm not getting anything done today.

Oh crap, here comes my boss!

Last edited:

VANDAL

WKR
Hey Robby, what do you think your odds are of drawing a NV tag this year?

Mine are pretty low around 7%...been checkin all day long and woke up last night at 2am to check too.

Common NV postem