Clean Energy Arsenal

That's a lot! For water? WTF!

My normal bill is $150. 3/4acre mostly landscaped.
Yes it is. 1/2 acre of irrigated. When we moved here in 2005 we were paying $500/mo during July and August. By comparison, my parents that were an hour south of us were paying $50-75 for the same amount of gallons used in a month. Water rates were going up ~15% a year. We have a 3-tier rate schedule. If I watered once in that month it put us in the 2nd tier, twice and we were in the third tier. The third tier is over 3 times the rate of the first tier. So to adequately water the yard we're paying over three times the "rate" for what they consider normal household usage.

After they put in a $2 billion pipeline to ensure enough water for their huge growth estimates (again.......all new development at the lowest tier rates), watering our yard became unaffordable. It's now dirt, and we've lost about half our trees. This is what it used to look like.
100_0733.jpg

Ukraine now says they need substantial and immediate military aid or Russia will win in the east and then drive on Kiev.

I think that was huff post, but it was today. What happened to we are beating the tar out of russia?
Reminds me of the classic quote, "Never start a land war in Asia".

IMO, Russia wins any conventional war of attrition with Ukraine. They have a larger population and not afraid of increasing the age for draft eligibility and instituting it. If anybody thinks Putin is going to lose to Ukraine alone they're kidding themselves. Putin's entire status is based on him being the biggest bad ass in the world. He cannot afford to lose or he will lose all credibility and legitimacy. It doesn't matter how long it takes, he will use every resource in his power to beat Ukraine whether its in a month or 10 years. There are only 2 things that will derail Putin's war with Urkaine and neither are likely. 1) Russian revolution 2) WWIII with Ukraines allies all-in.

If Putin cannot win this war convnetionally, I have no doubt that he would use WMD.

Reminds me of the classic quote, "Never start a land war in Asia".

IMO, Russia wins any conventional war of attrition with Ukraine. They have a larger population and not afraid of increasing the age for draft eligibility and instituting it. If anybody thinks Putin is going to lose to Ukraine alone they're kidding themselves. Putin's entire status is based on him being the biggest bad ass in the world. He cannot afford to lose or he will lose all credibility and legitimacy. It doesn't matter how long it takes, he will use every resource in his power to beat Ukraine whether its in a month or 10 years. There are only 2 things that will derail Putin's war with Urkaine and neither are likely. 1) Russian revolution 2) WWIII with Ukraines allies all-in.

If Putin cannot win this war convnetionally, I have no doubt that he would use WMD.
Russia is winning because of superior tactics, slow methodical planning and movement and their constant ground pounding artillery tactics. Look up Russian cauldron strategy and they followed it to a tee.

. At the beginning Ukraine was one the biggest well equipped armies in Europe. But it also had a Neo NAZI problem that Europe and the US ignored. On the other hand Ukraine is one of the most corrupt countries in the world ad their weapons are already showing up on the black market. The US and Europe are finally realizing they are losing their proxy war in war due to extremely poor planning and faulty intelligence (again0 They are now pivoting to Taiwan and a proxy war with China.

Unfortunatley a lot of good young Ukrainian men are dying by the thousands so they war monger Neo cons and Dems can line their pockets. I see the US just admitted to 46 bio weapon labs now in Ukraine. and what happened to the 50 billions we sent Ukraine? Is it in clown boy Zelensky's off shore bank accounts like the past aid we have given him?

Reactions: JJJ
Yes it is. 1/2 acre of irrigated. When we moved here in 2005 we were paying $500/mo during July and August. By comparison, my parents that were an hour south of us were paying $50-75 for the same amount of gallons used in a month. Water rates were going up ~15% a year. We have a 3-tier rate schedule. If I watered once in that month it put us in the 2nd tier, twice and we were in the third tier. The third tier is over 3 times the rate of the first tier. So to adequately water the yard we're paying over three times the "rate" for what they consider normal household usage.

After they put in a $2 billion pipeline to ensure enough water for their huge growth estimates (again.......all new development at the lowest tier rates), watering our yard became unaffordable. It's now dirt, and we've lost about half our trees. This is what it used to look like.
View attachment 419876
Are you on a septic or regional sewer district?

Russia is winning because of superior tactics, slow methodical planning and movement and their constant ground pounding artillery tactics. Look up Russian cauldron strategy and they followed it to a tee.
Their tactics and strategy cannot be considered "superior" in terms of modern warfare. They are only superior if you don't consider massive loss of life in your definition of success. We will never find out how many Russian (and Ukranian) soldiers have died in this war, but it is the tens of thousands at least. Russian leadership has thrown their soldiers to the wolves, because they can always draft, conscript, or arm twist more to the front.

One more thing, if Russia's tactics and strategy are so superior, why have they failed to secure the air this far into the war?

Their tactics and strategy cannot be considered "superior" in terms of modern warfare. They are only superior if you don't consider massive loss of life in your definition of success. We will never find out how many Russian (and Ukranian) soldiers have died in this war, but it is the tens of thousands at least. Russian leadership has thrown their soldiers to the wolves, because they can always draft, conscript, or arm twist more to the front.

One more thing, if Russia's tactics and strategy are so superior, why have they failed to secure the air this far into the war?
Lol. If you haven't paid attention the Russians have owned the airspace and they have figured out how to take down drones. They have successfully taken out western weapons depots and western training facilities hundreds of KM's away in West Ukraine with hyper sonic missiles.

The US hasn't fought a real war in 60 plus years. This is what real war looks like. The US has been fighting proxy wars in improvershishe third world countries fighting goat herders, rice farmers with rusty Ak's and LOSING the past 50 years using air based bombing and shock and awe tactics that have resulted in horrible civilian death counts. Often killing tens of thousands of innocent civilians with remote indiscriminate Ariel bombing and wasting trillions and trillions of US tax payer dollars. Look at the stats of how many civilians Obama and Biden killed with his "killer drone" program. Our US military nation building military strategy via remote bombing has been an expensive joke

This should be a wake up call for the US and EU but it won't. They both failed spectacularly in this proxy war and wasted tens of billions of US dollars. Like I posted The war mongering Neo Cons and libs are turning to Tawian and China for their next big grift after this loss, again, in the Ukraine

And look how spectacular failure of the EU US sanctions. This war was over on day one and tens of thousands of good young Ukrainian men died for nothing and continue to die every day so the military industrial complex can make bank.

clown show.

Last edited:
Reactions: JJJ
And where driven out of west Ukraine near Kyiv. They were defeated, left, regrouped, went east to Donbas area. At this point given up on west Ukraine.

Now that this has turned to an artillery duel on the boarder of Ukraine the Ukrainians are in trouble.

Tried to go that route. Unfortuntely, in IA your local utility gets the final say on the size of your array. They intentionally downsize it to make sure your offset is low enough that you still get to pay them every month for electricity.

One day when batteries are cheaper I will go 100% off grid. Until then I'm stuck with the REC.
Did they happen to say what percentage they would approve? Our local utility limited it at 85%. I know of several people who "padded" their utility bill by intentionally leaving windows open and running down their AC so that when the calculations were done, a larger system could be installed.

Then I also know people that got their system and then paid cash without a permit and added panels. Not what I would do but they did it and got away with it for now.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Back