Christensen Arms Ridgeline

I hear what you're saying there Justin, just haven't experienced that much resistance in other rifles I have and have owned. I'm sure it's good to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

back when I shot nothing but A-bolts I changed out the pin springs in 2 of them with heavier ones from Brownells and immediately noticed this, it never caused any problems at all and I got used to it - Maybe CA puts a bit heavier spring in theirs to speed up lock time and hit the primer a bit harder ?

Has anyone shot 215 begers that feed from the mag in one of these?

Both of the 300 win mags I have pictured above are shooting 215 Bergers that fit in their magazines. I don't have the load data with me, but I can get it tomorrow, and will post it up for you.

7 shot group at 200yds

e351cfd758b855880216b0296fc9d012.jpg

That looks like an 8 shot group to me.

How would you CA owners compare the quality of a ridgeline to something in a comparable factory rifle. Say if I were looking at the ridgeline Vs. a Sako 85 finnlight?

Mike.

My dad had a finnlight and I don't think they compare well to the ridgeline build. Had monster barrel whip on 300 wsm. Never grouped better the 3 inches from a sled. Send it off and sako gave his money back but never did tell us what was wrong. They did say it was the guns fault.

How would you CA owners compare the quality of a ridgeline to something in a comparable factory rifle. Say if I were looking at the ridgeline Vs. a Sako 85 finnlight?

Mike.

I am not a fan of a pencil-thin barrel.. that being said, I realize that the Carbon-wrap is wrapped around a pencil thin barrel, but the carbon keeps the barrel from getting that "whip". There is a video of a guy on Youtube taking a proof research barrel off of a gun, beating a Cinder Block to pieces with it, then threading it back on, loosely at that, and shooting it.

When I bought my Ridgeline, I was 85% ready to start a full custom build, but found that going to the CA would save me over $1000 vs building one.. With a great stock, trigger, etc. already in it. IMHO... for what that is worth, I would put the Ridgeline several steps above a "Factory" built rifle. I am extremely happy with mine. I did take the trigger down, as it was a lot stiffer than i am used to, and took a bit off the forend with some sand paper to get a bit more barrel clearance (Shooting with Bipod seemed to torque it too close to barrel). But love this gun. 6.5 Creed, and you can watch the bullet hit at 100.

Why don't they make a Creed with a 22" barrel? Seems like it would be easy enough to do and the Creed probably wouldn't mind much..

Also, if you take the break off and put a cap, how much shorter would the barrel be? 1"? 1.5"?

Last edited:
Just called them, it is removable but they do not provide a threaded cap to cover the exposed threads. Kind of deal breaker for me as I really want one in 6.5 Creedmore but have no need for the brake, especially when hunting.

The brake is removable, and I'm sure a threaded cap wouldn't be too hard to find or have a smith make for you. Let me go look...

On Gunbroker, I have seen a 22" Creedmoor before, but there is no listing for it on Christensen. They also have some with 20" on Gunbroker. No tin the Ridgeline, but the Classic.

On Gunbroker, I have seen a 22" Creedmoor before, but there is no listing for it on Christensen. They also have some with 20" on Gunbroker. No tin the Ridgeline, but the Classic.

I sent them an e-mail and got a fairly patronizing message back saying they only do then in 24" barrels..

Maybe they used to?

Checked one out at Sportsmans last night, it was very very nice. Actually a lot lighter than I thought. The stock was all black though with no webbing at all which I thought was strange.

Back