Christensen Arms Ridgeline

Fireguy

WKR
Fireguy, don't forget about the 5% discount Sportsman's gives to first responders : )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up, I think I'm going to head back tomorrow and get it. Been reading up a lot on the 6.5's in general. I think they (6.5 creedmoor, 260 Remington etc) will make a EXCELLENT coues deer round as well as mule deer. Not worried about elk as I will bowhunt them. The only rifle hunting I will do is coues deer twice a year, with mule deer and antelope thrown in as I draw tags. Why even mess with other rounds?

Any updates on how the 300 win is liking the 215 Berger Hybrid? The twist looks a little slow for what Berger recommends. Do they fit in the magazine?

Thanks...Matt

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I was loading the 215's for a couple buddies and they were working pretty well. We were seeing sub moa and getting them jammed into the lands while still fitting the magazine. I think I was running 75 or 76 grains of H1000 if I remember right. We have all been pretty busy lately so we haven't been in the hills to do any shooting but should be heading up again soon.

Well, I ended up with a Ridgeline it 6.5 nosler. I used some factory loaded 129ABLR for barrel break in since it was marginally more expensive than unfired brass. Today, I shot groups with hand loaded Berger 140s. I followed their seating depth procedure and found one load with potential. I need to load up more of these to see if the results are repeatable and shot it out to 800yds. View attachment 38502View attachment 38502View attachment 38501

I recently bought a ridge line in 7 rem mag. Doing break in I was very impressed with a few groups in the .3-.5" area. When I retested these loads they went to 1" plus. Went to lighten the trigger to see if that would help but could not get the stock off !!!! I had to smack the barrel quite hard multiple times to get it to come out. Then notices why it wouldn't come off. From the factory they didn't put release agent on the front of the recoil lug. The front was glued to the stock. All the bedding broke out of the stock. I hope it will shoot consistent now that I have had it all redone.

Last edited:

Jcberg

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks to this thread I just ordered a Ridgeline in .300 win mag! You psychos are killing my bank account hahaha! I am not a reloader so has anyone experimented with factory loads that they are happy with? I am going to go with a Leupold VX6 with cds. Thanks for draining me hahaha!

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks to this thread I just ordered a Ridgeline in .300 win mag! You psychos are killing my bank account hahaha! I am not a reloader so has anyone experimented with factory loads that they are happy with? I am going to go with a Leupold VX6 with cds. Thanks for draining me hahaha!

The ABM ammo shot really well out of the Ridgeline. Premium Rifle Ammunition | Applied Ballistics Munitions
We shot some HSM ammo also but it didn't perform as well.

IMG_3678_zps58k9tgjh.jpg

I have a Ridgeline in .300 winny on the way. Can anyone recommend a good factory loaded ammunition to try out? I want hunting ammo not target ammo. Also, any input from anyone that has used the ABM ammo through it on which load yours liked the best. Thanks I'm excited to try it!