Christensen Arms Evoke New for 2024

This looks like it's going to be a great value with many features. MSRP of only $898

They finally reduced the bolt throw to 60 degrees......can't believe it!

1706032531162.png

Last edited:
Intriguing.

I'm not big on 3 lug/60 degree bolts as I typically prefer the lighter cocking effort associated with 90 degree bolts but don't feel that strongly about it on well done 3 lugs.

Pilsner

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone see a listing of available chamberings?
Looking for a 300 PRC in a semi-UL configuration.

Snailz

FNG
Do we know if this will be released for us left handed folk?
It’s Christensen so I’d say yes. As a lefty, I prefer righty bolt guns since I almost exclusively shoot off some form of rest. Getting to run the bolt with my off-hand while keeping my shooting hand on makes keeping sight picture easier. One of the few advantages we get since I think we’re still stuck in the relic orientation of yore when taking standing shots at running game was common. But shhhh don’t tell anyone. Got let us lefties have at least one advantage outside of sports.

It’s Christensen so I’d say yes. As a lefty, I prefer righty bolt guns since I almost exclusively shoot off some form of rest. Getting to run the bolt with my off-hand while keeping my shooting hand on makes keeping sight picture easier. One of the few advantages we get since I think we’re still stuck in the relic orientation of yore when taking standing shots at running game was common. But shhhh don’t tell anyone. Got let us lefties have at least one advantage outside of sports.

I'm struggling to see the advantage here.

Snailz

FNG
I'm struggling to see the advantage here.
Cycling the bolt with your off hand is smoother IME. Unless your gun is in a heavy rest, saddle, or direct mounted to a tripod, running the bolt with the shooting hand introduces torque into the system. This may not be a big deal if you have a super light bolt lift or a heavy rifle, but for me it can disrupt the sight picture on potential follow up shots more than using my off hand to cycle the bolt, where my shooting hand and eye can stay on the gun and move to keep an animal in the scope as it runs off after being shot at (hopefully hit, but hey things happen).

Cycling the bolt with your off hand is smoother IME. Unless your gun is in a heavy rest, saddle, or direct mounted to a tripod, running the bolt with the shooting hand introduces torque into the system. This may not be a big deal if you have a super light bolt lift or a heavy rifle, but for me it can disrupt the sight picture on potential follow up shots more than using my off hand to cycle the bolt, where my shooting hand and eye can stay on the gun and move to keep an animal in the scope as it runs off after being shot at (hopefully hit, but hey things happen).

That doesn't make any sense at all to me.

To take a motion that's so efficient like this and jack it up by making a support hand come across the whole rifle just sounds like a poor decision by multiple magnitudes.

atmat

WKR
That doesn't make any sense at all to me.

To take a motion that's so efficient like this and jack it up by making a support hand come across the whole rifle just sounds like a poor decision by multiple magnitudes.
He’s not bringing it across the rifle. He’s shooting a right-handed gun left-handed, and using his right hand (support hand) to run the bolt.

It sounds weird as hell, but it’s better than reaching over the rifle to do it

He’s not bringing it across the rifle. He’s shooting a right-handed gun left-handed, and using his right hand (support hand) to run the bolt.

It sounds weird as hell, but it’s better than reaching over the rifle to do it
This sounds cool until you have to shoot off hand and have to unshoulder the rifle to run the bolt. I also use my right hand at the rear bag when shooting prone. The gun would move more removing my right hand, than my left, to run the bolt. What are you guys doing with your weak hand when shooting?? Mine is not free to run the bolt.

It sounds weird as hell, but it’s better than reaching over the rifle to do it.

Thanks for squaring me away on that, was definitely thinking about it wrong. Still think a “wrong handed” rifle would be a disadvantage but better than I was thinking about it. i can see certain positions and moving targets where it might have some positives though!

atmat

WKR
This sounds cool until you have to shoot off hand and have to unshoulder the rifle to run the bolt. I also use my right hand at the rear bag when shooting prone. The gun would move more removing my right hand, than my left, to run the bolt. What are you guys doing with your weak hand when shooting?? Mine is not free to run the bolt.
Oh I agree. It sounds weird as hell and not reasonable. I was just clarifying what he’s doing, not defending it