Christensen Arms Evoke New for 2024

Oh I agree. It sounds weird as hell and not reasonable. I was just clarifying what he’s doing, not defending it
Gotcha. I get the temptation to think like him. I grew up shooting right handed rifles and it is tempting to think it is an advantage, but it is most certainly not. It only seems OK if you never move past shooting off a bench, and one fire one round per being "set up".

Snailz

FNG
Oh I agree. It sounds weird as hell and not reasonable. I was just clarifying what he’s doing, not defending it
In my experience it’s easier to keep the gun on while you off hand comes off and runs the bolt. If you’re working sticks or supporting the back end of the gun while the front is on a rest, it’s easier to simply tighten up the grip on the shooting hand and adjust as the offhand works. The off hand is not in as strong of a position to support the rifle as the shooting hand is. This is not really the case when prone with bags since you should be stable enough that the off hand coming off the rear bag is more destabilizing than running the bolt. This applies more to shooting off sticks, a front tripod (not direct mount or saddle), or a pack while sitting/kneeling, or prone on a pack, log, or some other less stable rest. I think the shots I’m describing where this is an advantage are more typical hunting shots. The field rarely gives you perfectly stable setup options and a lot of people are running basic setups without expensive rests and with guns that don’t have light, smooth bolt cycling. Even if the advantage is negligible, I don’t think it’s worth dealing with the limited options you’re forced to choose from as a lefty. There never seems to be the chambering you want, or you only get the most basic offering in a lineup. Plus, like >80% of rifles are just off the table since they don’t offer a lefty option. I’d rather have the gun I want and deal with the trade offs of running it a little screwy than be forced into a gun because it’s one of like 4 options available in the price bracket I want to buy in.

grfox92

WKR
Has anyone handled one of these yet? If the stock is decent, I would say Ruger is in trouble based on the price point.

I'm curious to the overall quality of this rifle.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

KyleV26

FNG
Did Christensen Arms get the kinks out? Apparently there has been alot of issues with thier rifles. I have been tossing the idea around getting a Mesa..

dbohunts

FNG
For a ballistic challenged individual as myself, what will be the effects of the evoke's .270 twist rate of 1 in 7.5 as compared to the 1 in 10 on most rifles in .270?