Chris Bee Water Buffalo

BWSmith

FNG
Largest whitetail I've shot; blew the top half of his heart completely off/out @75 yds with an '06 handload. He ran almost 200 yds into the thickest,densest briar patch on the property. Took off at the hit like a top fuel dragster.

Beendare

WKR
I can't tell from that Pic, and I assume you made sure, but that arrow is in a rib and not the humorous correct?

It likes like it's in front of the "elbow" bulge
Yeah, bad angle on the pic…..its well away from the leg.

Some are much wider than others but 3 feet wide anyway on the lesser ones.

Worth noting, these buff have ribs that are about 1 1/4” thick, wide and tight together. You almost have to shoot through bone to get into the rib cage.
The one bull I shot, the fletching was wedged in an off side rib with the arrow sticking straight out the side of the bull.

The hide is crazy thick 2-3”, then about 5-8” of muscle before you even reach the ribs.

guitarpreston

Lil-Rokslider
I was listening to Cam Hanes talk about his recent San Carlos hunt, said he shot his bull 3 times. I’m fullly onboard with if an animal gives you a second shot take it. Not super familiar with water buffalo but had cattle growing up, assuming it’s the size of a bull, that’s likely twice the size of a bull elk.

guitarpreston

Lil-Rokslider
The only thing you have to ask yourself is would this video have seen the light of day if not for trying to sell products?

That’s all you need to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably…assuming his main revenue stream is content creation. Fairly neutral on the guy tbh. But spending the money on the hunt, travel, videographer, etc I could see trying for some ROI. Even if it lands you in the all press is good press camp.

dtrkyman

WKR
Folks would complain if he put out a video with obvious edits! I think it took some balls to show things that didn't go perfectly.

Of course he's selling products, that is his livelihood.

fatlander

WKR
Most people are missing the point that Australians (and really all of us) are in a battle to maintain their right to bow hunt. It’s not any different than blowmar’s bear video.

It’s not illegal, but it has the potential to hurt us all. And it’s done in the spirit of selling products. That’s what rubs me the most.

Blandry

WKR
Folks would complain if he put out a video with obvious edits! I think it took some balls to show things that didn't go perfectly.

Exactly. He could have just posted his success video, and this conversation wouldn't have happened.

Exactly. He could have just posted his success video, and this conversation wouldn't have happened.
If it “takes balls” to paint us hunters in a bad light so you can “create content” and get ROI,
I’m in the CASTRATE ALL CONTENT CREATORS camp.

Beendare

WKR
I like CB...and the vid wasn't all that bad to me- except he went in there with gear that is not recommended to try and pimp it.

This is what happens when hunt vids become sales pitches...and we see it more and more.

Its worth following the money; When you see guys like Ranch Fairy, Ashby and many more of these supposed experts monetizing their stuff- it gets prostituted.

dirtshooter

Lil-Rokslider

Ho5tile1

WKR
Well if he actually used an arrow system that Troy and Ashby recommend this would probably not be as big a deal. He did more harm than good for his over priced arrows and the hunting community in Australia. Then to double down on on it as if we are stupid and can’t believe our own eyes to what we saw. You have to put ethics ahead of your own greed and pride. My son has not bow hunted in a few years or shot his bow. Well a month ago he came to me and said he wanted to start bow hunting again so he can learn more and pass it down to his son. I was super excited and told him well if you promise me you will shoot almost every day to get ready I will pay for the new strings on your bow arrows and broadheads so you can hunt. Well life has been happening like him and his wife have had some issues his grandma had a major stroke and he has not been able to shoot. As much as I want him to hunt with me this year with a bow I told him no because even though it’s not his fault he has t been able to shoot it’s not ethical to bring him out and possibly wound an animal. So next year we can hunt. It’s called being responsible and ethical… even after I paid for the new strings and put them on the bow paid for arrows and broadheads..

Last edited:

Elkhntr08

WKR
I had never heard of the guy until a couple weeks ago when one of the guys in Colorado kept talking about him. Still don’t know anything about him.
When he wrote that shooting 80# was more important than shooting a heavy arrow, he lost me. Most people I see shooting are trying to pull WAY too much weight. I’d personally rather shoot 65# with a 500 grain arrow than 80# and a 400 grain arrow.
Remember the overdraw days? Light, fast arrows wounding animals.

I like Chris for what he is, a guy that shoots a bow and makes good videos.

The biggest issue I have with this whole shit show is the original video got a LOT of hate for the frontal shot he took and the apparent lack of follow up on it. When the shit hit the fan over that video, Chris got on Instagram and talked some shit himself about people having a problem with it.

When things continued to escalate online, the original video was pulled, edited to remove the first Buffalo shot, and uploaded again. This is when the video really took up traction and all of the pin cushion comments started.

Chris then sort of, kind of apologized for the comments he made on Instagram and said this was a learning experience across the board. All well and good, but when the heat didn’t subside he removed the video all together and now all we’re left with is an online pissing match between people who saw the entire video when it was first uploaded, people who only saw the pin cushion video, and the people who don’t care about any of it.

I didn’t like the first video, but whatever, not my deal. It’s everything that followed and how it’s all been handled that rubs me wrong. If you’re going to make your living with hunting videos online and you aren’t willing to own it when you screw up, maybe you need to find a new revenue source. I hear they pay pretty well for pictures of manicured feet and toes, maybe he should try that.

OP
Kularrow

Kularrow

WKR
Perhaps I’m in the minority here, I really don’t care but Chris Bee isn’t some blue collar hunter. He’s a salesman and Target Archer, hunting is necessary biproduct of being an Archery Influencer who’s platform is YouTube. Notice how he’s never made a scouting or sign video, when he does hunting podcast he defaults to arrow weight and other target topics because the majority if not all of his hunts are canned, sorry it’s just the truth. He’s probably the exact opposite of a blue collar whitetail hunter, he just made a video about putting a food plot on a farm in Iowa that’s killed two 200 inch deer previously, very relatable. He had no choice but to post this video of himself turning a couple water buffaloes into pin cushions because he has sunk cost into the trip and or Mathews/UV sunk cost into it so there’s some type of ROI there. He’s just a skinny version of Josh Bowmar minus the muscles and theatrics.
Exhibit A. This kid hunts exclusively through outfitters.

Attachments

• IMG_3897.jpeg
    IMG_3897.jpeg
    400.9 KB · Views: 11