Chris Bee Water Buffalo

OP
Kularrow

Kularrow

WKR
Perhaps I’m in the minority here, I really don’t care but Chris Bee isn’t some blue collar hunter. He’s a salesman and Target Archer, hunting is necessary biproduct of being an Archery Influencer who’s platform is YouTube. Notice how he’s never made a scouting or sign video, when he does hunting podcast he defaults to arrow weight and other target topics because the majority if not all of his hunts are canned, sorry it’s just the truth. He’s probably the exact opposite of a blue collar whitetail hunter, he just made a video about putting a food plot on a farm in Iowa that’s killed two 200 inch deer previously, very relatable. He had no choice but to post this video of himself turning a couple water buffaloes into pin cushions because he has sunk cost into the trip and or Mathews/UV sunk cost into it so there’s some type of ROI there. He’s just a skinny version of Josh Bowmar minus the muscles and theatrics.

raisins

FNG
Kind of interesting. John Lusk shot this water buffalo through the heart at what appeared to be very close range with a 750 grain setup and it still took 3 minutes to die. Those things are just tough. Seems like people just think it's unethical that Chris Bee kept flinging arrows but IMO it was the right thing to do.

Yep, shot a P&Y buck last year that was the biggest buck I've ever seen in person. His body was massive. I shot him low lung, high heart area. He laid down for 5 minutes and bled like I have never seen. It looked like someone poured out 2 gallons of blood in a circle around 8 foot in diameter. He then got up and walked 60 yards before dying. Beast.

PennDude

FNG
I think a lot of the critics are out of touch with reality. This is an animal that can weigh up to 1,200 lbs, has armor-like hide, and ribs that can stop a broadhead. To expect a water buffalo to magically drop dead from one arrow is absolutely bonkers. He achieved pass-through penetration. That is adequate. Period. If the animal doesn't die immediately, you keep putting arrows in it. Hunting isn't pretty and it is certainly not devoid of suffering. If you never want to see an animal suffer, stop hunting. If you have issue with the manner of this hunt, archery hunting is not for you.

The attacks on Chris Bee from fellow "hunters" is deplorable. You people are effectively supporting the anti-hunting movement.

Beendare

WKR
@Beendare got any input on their reaction?

I'd bet they are kinda kings of the terrain and tend to not be but so spooked from something hitting them.
Those buff don't really show much of a reaction when hit- tough bastids. CB killed it but it didn't look like he got a complete pass through- those bulls are 3 1/2-4' wide, big critters.

I'm not sure what CB was trying to prove as the prevailing advice is to use 80# bows with heavy 700g plus arrows.

My bet is he would have had a total fail with the 3 blade replaceable blade head he wanted to use. I tested Slick tricks with a 440g arrow on a dead bull at 10y and they didn't make it inside the rib cage- stopped dead.....I have those pics on a disc somewhere.

I went to Australia with 3 other buddies and shot those water buff. I shot mine with an 825g arrow and a tempered steel 2 blade in an 80# compound [or 840g, I can't remember] The 800g plus arrows most of us used performed perfectly.

My first shot was perfect and was a complete pass through. The bull never knew what happened, ran off a few yards and stopped and turned. I shot him again at 30y in almost the same spot and the bull fell over almost immediately after the second shot- on his feet for maybe 10 seconds- much shorter than Chris's bull.

I wouldn't do that hunt with anything less than a 700g arrow and quality tempered steel 2 blade. The only bull we had trouble with was my buddy shooting a 560g arrow with a Zwicky head [non tempered steel] that got bad penetration....and when tracking the bull it plowed our assistant guide busting him up real bad almost killing him- a problem when you are 6 hours from a hospital on dirt roads.

Another buddy shot one on a previous hunt with a non tempered 2 blade and the guide had to finish off the bull as the weak BH was curling up and not penetrating the ribs.

bcv

Lil-Rokslider
There's a point when guys like him start out with good intentions... then sell out. They all do. It's a disgusting way to put yourself out into the world. He got to that place faster than most. I hope we all get tired of them trying to always sell us something and they go away in the near future.

Good grief... y'all are some serious haters. I don't give a crap one way or the other about Chris Bee but that buffalo has lungs the size of your kitchen trash can, and you expect it to die fast from a 1" wide slit throuh them?

Come on guys. It's hunting season. There's better things to be doing than bashing him for making three good followup shots. And that first arrow WAS buried to the fletching from what I could see.

Ho5tile1

WKR
What video are some of you watching saying he got a pass through or that it went to the fletchings? Cause nether of those are true. I like chris think he is a good archery and draws younger folks to the sport. My issue is the baby arrow he used anyone with a brain knows that animal is crazy tough and don’t just lay down when hit. All the more reason to bring the correct tool for the job and on top of all that he doubled down and tried to lie about it. I saw the original video a few times and none of those arrows went to the fletchings not even the gut shot. No broadhead came out the other side until it fell on the arrow and pushed it through or till they pushed it through so they could take a pic to spout more bullcrap lies…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pramo

WKR
It comes down to hunting is killing and not always clean, let’s not give ammo to anti-hunters or non-hunters. I get the influencers need clicks for a living but to me it shows no respect to the animal or hunting in general.

No one is using a light ultra expensive arrow and posting it all over the internet for the love of hunting, it’s for personal gain. Modern day market hunters destroy way more than they help.

dtrkyman

WKR
I have seen many PH's there recommend frontal shots, he just happened to miss, chit happens and it's on him, he may not have really known where to aim?

His first shot on the second buff looked good, though I watched it weeks ago and maybe am not 100% accurate? I would shoot that beast with every arrow I had at my disposal as well.

If you listen to a lot of crap online heavy arrows don't matter, then all of the sudden it's the only thing that matters on large critters!

Folks nowadays just really like to chit on anyone any time they can I guess.

Like him or not he is still a kid and built a nice living for himself, isn't that what folks strive for?

Beendare

WKR
Here is a test shot at 10y I took on my buddies buff.

A 560g arrow with a slick Trick BH from the same 80# Allegiance that I got 2 complete pass throughs on my buff with an 825g arrow and Steelforce 210g dangerous game tempered steel 2 blade.

The arrow didn't make it into the rib cage
( pictured below)

My buddy got a pass through at 50y with 840g and a 2 blade.
540gr.jpeg

Last edited:

ozyclint

WKR
Sure didn’t burry to the fletchings but don’t think it matters at this point people see what they wanna see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My point being that the difference between hitting a rib and or not is a huge factor in what penetration you get. Maybe his light arrow didn't hit a rib. Did they cut the buffalo up to find out? I'm guessing not.

So is the arrow performance based on it being a super duper new arrow on the market shot from an 80# bow or because he happened to not hit a rib?

Here is a test shot at 10y I took on my buddies buff.

A 560g arrow with a slick Trick BH from the same 80# Allegiance that I got 2 complete pass throughs on my buff with an 825g arrow and Steelforce 210g dangerous game tempered steel 2 blade.

The arrow didn't make it into the rib cage

My buddy got a pass through at 50y with 840g and a 2 blade.
View attachment 764540

I can't tell from that Pic, and I assume you made sure, but that arrow is in a rib and not the humorous correct?

It likes like it's in front of the "elbow" bulge

Reactions: WCB