Chris Bee Water Buffalo

Kularrow

WKR

Unethical or not, you decide. Here’s Mathews sponsored shooter Chris Bee attempting to prove that light weight premium UV arrows will kill a Water Buffalo

RocketRob16

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t know how they normally react to being hit but that was hard to watch.

Ho5tile1

WKR
Is that the original or the edited version the first one has the first one he shot a frontal shot on and the dingo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ho5tile1

WKR
All he proved in that crap show was his over priced kid arrows where not up to the task could not even get through the guts. I like Chris well I really like his girlfriend cause I think she is hot lol but this was not one of his better ones. He may wanna call ol Troy and say sry for crapping on you and your heavy arrow…

RocketRob16

Lil-Rokslider
what was so hard to watch ? like a buffalo can soak up bullets just as much? Looked like he made excellent shoots and performance was fine
You mean standing around shooting the same animal with 4 shots as performance being fine? First shot looked perfect then 2nd was mid-body and 3rd was in the neck and looked like it got almost no penetration. Whatever arrow he was promoting there, I can guarantee I will never pay money for after watching that.

Trial153

WKR
You mean standing around shooting the same animal with 4 shots as performance being fine? First shot looked perfect then 2nd was mid-body and 3rd was in the neck and looked like it got almost no penetration. Whatever arrow he was promoting there, I can guarantee I will never pay money for after watching that.

why wouldn’t you keep shooting as long as the animal is still up after the first shot. That should be done regardless the weapon.
The first shot is one that counted and it was perfect. Ever stand next to a water buffalo? Think they give up the ghost easy? That first arrow had the Broadhead sticking out the off side, it was dead buffalo walking at that point. everything else was just extra

RocketRob16

Lil-Rokslider
why wouldn’t you keep shooting as long as the animal is still up after the first shot. That should be done regardless the weapon.
The first shot is one that counted and it was perfect. Ever stand next to a water buffalo? Think they give up the ghost easy? That first arrow had the Broadhead sticking out the off side, it was dead buffalo walking at that point. everything else was just extra
I agree 100% to keep shooting while the animal is up. However, with that many shots loosed it looks to me like the arrow didn’t perform well even though it was placed in the right spot. I am not claiming to be a water buffalo expert but I have not seen them stand around letting a hunter take that many shots at them before either, is that normal behavior for water buffalo?. Are they on a game farm of some kind with half tame buffalo?

Several elk I have shot I have put 3 arrows in, that make me unethical?

Haven't watched the video, and doubt I will, but if that's the metric I guess I'm unethical.

@Beendare got any input on their reaction?

I'd bet they are kinda kings of the terrain and tend to not be but so spooked from something hitting them.

TxxAgg

WKR
The shot placement was good. Maybe his broadheads weren't sharp enough.

I disagree with him that bow poundage is more crucial than arrow weight, but no biggie.

Kind of interesting. John Lusk shot this water buffalo through the heart at what appeared to be very close range with a 750 grain setup and it still took 3 minutes to die. Those things are just tough. Seems like people just think it's unethical that Chris Bee kept flinging arrows but IMO it was the right thing to do.

Last edited:

Dennis

WKR
In this month’s “Ashby Newsletter” Ed Ashby and others address the consequences and concerns of the video.

OP
Kularrow

Kularrow

WKR
FYA: Chris Bee pulled the original video down. He frontal shot one Buffalo which wasn’t recovered nor bothered to track down then put another four arrows into another water Buffalo.

Ho5tile1

WKR
what was so hard to watch ? like a buffalo can soak up bullets just as much? Looked like he made excellent shoots and performance was fine

Yea excellent shot with a not so excellent arrow.

Ho5tile1

WKR

Hell no it didn’t not even close that thing never went through till the animal fell on the arrow and pushed it through. Very easily to disprove if you seen the first video and compared it to his other social media video where he tried to save face by spouting lies and nonsense that only someone who takes him at his word would believe. All you have to do is watch and pay attention to the sides that were hit etc… none of those arrows came close to even getting to the fletchings

Been over this a couple of times. I like Chris Bee generally. But, he 100% got caught up in marketing his new arrows, and I say his because my guess is he either has a little equity in UV or his contract is such that he gets a percentage of sales.

He took a very poor shot on that first old buffalo. The editing of the video was such that it seemed like they didn't try very hard to find it for a follow up shot. I think they probably did. I'll give him the benefit of doubt that there just wasn't good film.

The buffalo he did kill showed his arrow set up was not up to the task. 4 shots on a water buffalo isn't outrageous. Things happen. Again, they went there to push a product rather than do what's right.

Hopefully, he learns something from this.