Cheap Stuff that Works

Cheesy

FNG
Craft Beer aluminum can label bandaids. The labels are super sticky, water resistant and work great on skin for blister prevention and relief. Cut to size.
bd16eabffc22a6884389bfad317de148.jpg

The best blister prevention (or if it is too late and already a blister), regular old duct tape. Don't get the Dollar Tree stuff though, just a good middle of the road brand. The super spendy stuff works good, but might pull at the skin a bit for removal. Been using it for about 15 years now when I know I'm putting on 10 or 15 miles in a day.

Slayerz

FNG
Costco Softshell Pants

I learned about the cheap tech pants on this exact thread years ago, so I wanted to contribute. I have been attempting to get some of the fleece lined Costco tech pants (Weatherproof, Eddie Bauer, Gerry, etc.) online and I think I started looking a little late as they don't have many sizes left. I wear the unlined tech pants all the time for work and play, but wanted some that are a bit warmer. I noticed these Magnum brand shoftshell pants and they were originally around $36 per pair, but they just dropped the price to $25, and they have the discount running right now if you order enough qualifying items. I ordered a couple pairs of them and all I can say is that I am very impressed with the look and feel so far. I can’t comment on the durability, but for around $20 per pair after the discount, it is a great deal. I ordered the green and grey and the green is a foliage green color and the grey is a gun metal color. Super comfy and the fit is similar to the regular tech pants (Weatherproof and Gerry brands), but with a little less taper down the leg.

https://www.costco.com/magnum-men’s-microfleece-softshell-pant.product.100849721.html

Attachments

• 20230303_111128.jpg
    20230303_111128.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 139
  • 20230303_111141.jpg
    20230303_111141.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 140

ericl33

Lil-Rokslider
Challenge accepted.

I haven’t tested these but the sale price and most of the specs line up:

+1

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

hikenhunt

WKR
I don’t have the Coho pack and carry box but do have two different sizes of their coolers both from Costco and they are awesome, a fraction of the cost of most name brands. I’ll have to check out their box

Don’t have it in my hand yet, but Costco has a “Coho pack and carry box” that is very simmilar to the yeti gobox for 60$. I love my gobox in the boat but had been wanting one for my camping gear, I have a Coho on the way- we will see how it does.

47034262-B224-4865-9130-2535AE1F4AB2.jpeg

My not so comprehensive review of the Coho Pack and carry box

Exterior: Its a solid box. I have a v1 yeti gobox, so thats my point of comparison. The box actually feels more substantial than the yeti box in terms of structure. I also prefer the latches significantly to the gobox, but I think that yeti may have switched their latches too. Lid is flat on top with a logo in the center.

Otherwise nothing remarkable, looks how it looks in photos, rubber non-slip feet. Almost the exact same size as the yeti.
Main space:

The interior of the box is one big space, no divider, but you could probably rig one up. The inside of the box does have the same ridges you see on the outside, which is a bit of a con IMO. Other possible issue is that plano 3600 boxes only sorta fit. Of my 3-4 different styles, only 2 styles will sit flush on the bottom, or slide in vertically. With the slightly wider 3600size boxes I have to fit them between the grooves to put them in vertically. Or stack them on the thinner boxes so they fit (sidewalls taper towards the bottom) The two trays are fine, shapes are a little odd, and again no dividers, I also wish they were deeper. Lid pockets are pretty trash, IMO, but better than nothing. I may try to put some molle pockets on the lid insert and get rid of these cheepy little pockets. All in all, super solid for 60 bucks, but I prefer the yeti box. If the yeti was 100-150ish I would get it for my uses as a boat box/camping/etc. but at 250 vs 50 or 60$ the coho gets my nod for most users. Definitely a no brainer if you don’t need the dividers/tray/lid organizer

Last edited:

Pankowsj

FNG
Outdoor Products dry bags… I stuff insulation layers in them, my kill kit, everything. A three pack is the price of a single Sea to Summit dry bag, and as long as you aren’t submerging them in a creek, your stuff will stay dry.

CAM_D

FNG
I have been using one of these headlamp beanies around camp it has been pretty handy. I wear it to bed then if you get up to piss or stoke the wood stove you don’t have to fumble around for a light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old post I know, but my kids got me one of these for Christmas. I need to remember to take it hunting. Haven't had a chance to really use it.

The Sofirm headlamp @ under 30 bucks .. Amazon
Also the:
Perwin multitool with sheath when Amazon sells it for under 25 bucks delivery included kicks azz .
And BTW I own a Skeletool, a Gerber multitool and a Leatherman. And that Perwin is a heck of a bargain .

BLJ

WKR