Cheap Stuff that Works

hadda

FNG
Don't trust those Luci's. Maybe for Glamping, but not backpacking.
I know several kayak and backpacking guides who have been using them for years. Bit of a luxury item, of course have a separate headlamp, but they are nice for a group basecamp type scenario.

SBFD63

FNG
The Sofirm headlamp @ under 30 bucks .. Amazon
Also the:
Perwin multitool with sheath when Amazon sells it for under 25 bucks delivery included kicks azz .
And BTW I own a Skeletool, a Gerber multitool and a Leatherman. And that Perwin is a heck of a bargain .
Just got the Perwin multi tool because of your recommendation. Have used it yet, but it feels legit. Seems built really well. I'll find out soon at work how it is. I was looking for something inexpensive for work.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

waldo9190

Lil-Rokslider
Stumbled on this and grabbed one, and I think its my favorite bino tripod adapter I've used yet...base is ARCA compatible, it locks and tightens down. And the price is right. Build quality is surprisingly good.

I have one of these as well. Base is a bit snug on my VA-5 but really not a big deal. ESPECIALLY for $13, I have no need for anything more expensive. I second the comment on build quality as well.

Great thread! Nothing like gear that just works without breaking the bank unnecessarily. Especially in todays America where even a soda is $2-3 and 12 nighcrawlers are $4!

I have one of these as well. Base is a bit snug on my VA-5 but really not a big deal. ESPECIALLY for $13, I have no need for anything more expensive. I second the comment on build quality as well.
Mine showed up today. I’d been using another Amazon knock off for the last couple of years; this one blows it out of the water

SBFD63

FNG
Great thread! Nothing like gear that just works without breaking the bank unnecessarily. Especially in todays America where even a soda is $2-3 and 12 nighcrawlers are $4!
I'm so glad the original owner of my house seeded the yard with crawlers 40 years ago. I could sell them I have so many here.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

hikenhunt

WKR

Kampkook

FNG
Love this thread. Always looking for gear that gets the job done and especially when it’s cheap.

WKB

Lil-Rokslider
some of these may have been mentioned already.

1. 550 cord. cut into 2 foot and 6 foot lengths

2. a little bottle of OG dawn dish soap.

3. a small box of baking soda

4. unscented dude wipes

5. carmex lip balm

as.ks.ak

WKR
Learn to sew and start making your own modifications and gear…careful though, you may end up with a side gig.

Also, you’ll realize how much everything is marked up within the industry and it’ll make you that much more of a penny pincher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gettincloser

Lil-Rokslider

Jury is out on longevity/durability as I havent worn them for long but took these on a 8-9 mile hike the other day and liked them.
Durability is not great. I have 3 pair and I have ripped the crotch out of 2 of them and the bottom of the back pocket on the 3rd is coming unstitched... I had my aunt stitch them back together. Decent price but they do not last. If you figure they are good for 1 trip, go for it but I find them to not breathe extremely well.

CorbLand

WKR
Durability is not great. I have 3 pair and I have ripped the crotch out of 2 of them and the bottom of the back pocket on the 3rd is coming unstitched... I had my aunt stitch them back together. Decent price but they do not last. If you figure they are good for 1 trip, go for it but I find them to not breathe extremely well.
So far I have about 20 miles on mine, plus a bunch of yard work and they seem to be holding up fine. Won’t be my go to early season pants but will be perfect for Sept and October hunts.