Cheap Stuff that Works

BH2010

FNG
Stumbled on this and grabbed one, and I think its my favorite bino tripod adapter I've used yet...base is ARCA compatible, it locks and tightens down. And the price is right. Build quality is surprisingly good.

I bought one of these on your recommendation and it's a homerun. Way better than another cheap one I bought last year. Locks down tight and like you said, quality build and finish.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

I bought one of these on your recommendation and it's a homerun. Way better than another cheap one I bought last year. Locks down tight and like you said, quality build and finish.

Only issue is that it won’t lock down on an outdoorsman stud.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
I forgot about this super cheap really "nice to have":
View attachment 569757

Chick-fil-A hands them out by the bucket for free. They work well for all kinds of things beyond the obvious--Firestarter, antiseptic wipes, lens cleaner, etc.

I keep several in my food and kill kits. They work exceptionally well for blood under fingernails when you inevitably tear through your last set of nitrile gloves (every gdamn time).
I vacuum seal clorox wipes for the same purposes. They go everywhere with me.

BH2010

FNG
any low priced softshell pants with decent cargo pockets?
Even better would have side vents...
You mean like the Wrangler ATG? No vents, but there's a variety of models with different pockets. And a zip-off short option as well I think.

ledflight

WKR

BH2010

FNG
Do they make models with fleece on the inside?
I mean something like these - I have them and they're kind of great but only as a a midlayer, b/c they need bigger and more pockets.
Yes, they do:

I don't have experience with the fleece lined version, but I've put a lot of miles on the trail pant and have yet to rip the crotch or put any holes in my oldest pair.

pm07

FNG
Amazon has Lifestraws little filter on sale right now for $11 if anyone needs one. Not my favorite choice for filtering but it is better than nothing. I carry one for emergencies in my HPG kit bag.

pm07

FNG
I have to say I have been impressed with the Cascade Mtn. trekking poles also Amazon had them for $16 for the aluminum model. I've been using them for a month to do a bunch of hikes and they have been holding up well. I'm a adult sized guy and just to see, I leaned on one with full body weight. The pole held fast did not collapse and barely bent.Which was pretty good considering how big I am. lol

Just a idea to share, I carry some of my pack meds like Tylenol, Ibuprofen , Allergy pills, and such in the small screw lid Eye Contact cases. I use the ones that are clear in the bottom so I can see what's in the case and it keeps the tablets safe and dry. They also work great for extra little seasonings like salt and pepper. No weight at all really.

Ravpower Powerbank from Amazon. Got it for 25$ and it's about 28000mah. Can charge inreach, phone, headlamps and whatever else you have for 7 to 10 days and still have juice.

Not waterproof but that's what small drybags are for

Voyageur

WKR
I use a 16 oz wide mouth Nalgene bottle to protect my extra pair of eyewear from getting crushed in my pack. Cheap and durable. Waterproof and dustproof as well.

CorbLand

WKR
I remember seeing some posts about headlamps in this thread a while ago. Does anyone remember what post or what headlamp it was? They were ~10 bucks and had the red light.