Cheap Stuff that Works

Voyageur

WKR
Agreed. I have one in every pack.
I've got an Energizer Clip on headlamp but haven't ever used their headband model. At the price I'm going to put a couple in strategic places for when they might be needed. I see they offer both a 200 and 400 lumen model. Is the brighter lamp needed?

Last edited:
I wanted to wait and see how they did before I posted them. Turns out they work great! 1lb 13 oz out of the included bag.

Just a heads up on these. Ordered a pair after hearing good things on these, and when they arrived they had a load limit of 160lbs, not the 250lbs advertised. Even had a warning on the chair itself. Not sure if they had some failures, or if they sent me the wrong thing. (SKU matched) Either way they are headed back. Comfortable chair and the advertised weight of the item was right. I am not willing to risk it with my 215lb frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superdoo

WKR
Just a heads up on these. Ordered a pair after hearing good things on these, and when they arrived they had a load limit of 160lbs, not the 250lbs advertised. Even had a warning on the chair itself. Not sure if they had some failures, or if they sent me the wrong thing. (SKU matched) Either way they are headed back. Comfortable chair and the advertised weight of the item was right. I am not willing to risk it with my 215lb frame.

When did that happen? I did some research and I believe that problem was rectified. They hold me at 180 lbs and my buddy is at 200 just fine.

When did that happen? I did some research and I believe that problem was rectified. They hold me at 180 lbs and my buddy is at 200 just fine.

They just came in the mail today. I noticed too they have slightly different dimensions than advertised too.

I might have just been sent old ones. These are marked 11/30/2018 delivery. I saw online where they had placed 250lb stickers over the 160. Mine might be from old stock. I might give them a shot for a couple weeks to see how they hold up. Sorry to jack this thread.

1. $8.99 Ranger bands (35 ct pack) - for all sorts of storage and random uses. Also you can put them around straps / handles / etc. to add grip.

2. $6 tiny ziploc bags (100-200 ct pack) - useful for DIY med kits and storage, pre-packing meals, etc.

3. Take orange flagging tape and tie several strands around an interior zipper pull. When you set your pack down to stalk, flip these out - makes it a lot easier to find on the way back. And you can leave them out / tie them to antlers if you're packing out to stay safe.

4. You can get various brands of these, but a cheap collapsible pack (there's a few brands around 4oz, all under $50); great way to store your essentials kit, and can keep it on you on a stalk if you drop your main pack.

Last edited:

MrWolf

FNG
Wrangler stretch hiking pants. $21 @ Walmart. They probably won’t wear as well as Pranas, but they’re quarter the price.
How to they fit though? I usually can't wear anything wangler because I got a big butt.