Cheap Stuff that Works

hikenhunt

WKR
Reflective guy lines. I've used these two before. Keeps you from tripping over them in the dark.

Agree with this! I have a different brand, but they are awesome!

so... for very hot weather hunting, especially when you are covering country, the kuiu Tiburon pants are the very best for that application.... but I found a much cheaper option, which is the under armor showdown vented pants, they are the same material, which is awesome for hot weather. they make them in dark blue and light gray... I bought the light gray ones, and last night I dyed them green with "RIT dye more" their regular dye doesn't work, but the dye more does if you follow the directions.

I got the pants last summer for 40 bucks a pair on sale, so 80 bucks plus 4$ bottle of dye vs 140 bucks for the Tiburon pants. they are almost identical fabric, super lightweight and very breathable (you can see lots of daylight through them if you hold them up to the sky) the UA ones seem to actually have a little more stretch.

the "peacock green" dye was the perfect color, same as the color of the green on top of the screen and on the buttons below on this site

Superdoo

WKR
so... for very hot weather hunting, especially when you are covering country, the kuiu Tiburon pants are the very best for that application.... but I found a much cheaper option, which is the under armor showdown vented pants, they are the same material, which is awesome for hot weather. they make them in dark blue and light gray... I bought the light gray ones, and last night I dyed them green with "RIT dye more" their regular dye doesn't work, but the dye more does if you follow the directions.

I got the pants last summer for 40 bucks a pair on sale, so 80 bucks plus 4$ bottle of dye vs 140 bucks for the Tiburon pants. they are almost identical fabric, super lightweight and very breathable (you can see lots of daylight through them if you hold them up to the sky) the UA ones seem to actually have a little more stretch.

the "peacock green" dye was the perfect color, same as the color of the green on top of the screen and on the buttons below on this site

I'd like to see a picture of the dye job. I can't figure out what color that ended up being...

they are more green than the photo depicts, i'll try to get a better pic soon, i'm probably gonna wear them in the next couple days

they are more green than the photo depicts, i'll try to get a better pic soon, i'm probably gonna wear them in the next couple days

This is really intriguing to me. I’ve never worn the tiburon pants but it appears the under armor ones are more like golf pants? Do they stretch with you when you move? Curiosity is piqued.

This is really intriguing to me. I’ve never worn the tiburon pants but it appears the under armor ones are more like golf pants? Do they stretch with you when you move? Curiosity is piqued.
they stretch better than tiburons… they are golf pants, but I was at their outlet and thought they would be some nice warm weather hunting pants. I wore them quite a bit last season, and now with living in the twilight zone, I decided to dye them like I originally planned. they are gonna be my go to hot weather pants, even more now since they aren't so bright.... didn't seem to matter when they were gray, but I like them more now. they are cooler than sitka ascents by a good amount, hard to beat for hot weather

Aces11

Lil-Rokslider

Voyageur

WKR
BRS 3000 stove. I’ve been using mine for a few years now without fail. 0.9 oz. and only $15 on Amazon, although I just found them on another site for $6 shipped, so I ordered two more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Care to share the name of the other site?
Not familiar with this stove, but from what I can tell it uses the same fuel as a jetboil?
Thanks.

Care to share the name of the other site?
Not familiar with this stove, but from what I can tell it uses the same fuel as a jetboil?
Thanks.
I picked them up from a site called Wish. If you google, 3000w mini folding oven gas stove, you can find them for pretty cheap. I don't know if you'll be able to find them for $4, but you should be able to get them for close to that price.

Voyageur

WKR
I picked them up from a site called Wish. If you google, 3000w mini folding oven gas stove, you can find them for pretty cheap. I don't know if you'll be able to find them for $4, but you should be able to get them for close to that price.
Does it use the same fuel as a Jetboil? Thanks.

douglasfir

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone mentioned smartwater bottles yet? I hardly use Nalgene bottles anymore. They're lightweight, durable, and they easily fit in the side pockets of many packs. And unlike an $8 Nalgene bottle, they come with water already inside!

Looks like they have khaki shade now

MTForester

Lil-Rokslider
Green rag wool gloves from Madsens. $3.50/pair. Don't dry super fast but my hands are often much warmer and happier in them than the spendy softshell ones