Cheap scope that tracks correctly for 22lr

gtriple

WKR
Looking for a cheaper scope to leave on my Tikka T1X. I'm not concerned if it would pass the drop test, I just need it to track correctly and have ample elevation adjustment.

Vaultman

WKR
I pm'ed @Camera Land about this.... I plan it for on a t1x (whenever the heck I can find one!).
He recommended an Arken 4-16x44. I am pretty sure this is the one I'll be getting when i find a t1x..

Bcleck90

WKR
Track correctly and drop test seem to go hand in hand from what I’ve seen. Someone correct me if I’m wrong. Fixed power SWFA would be my choice.

Of the purpose of the 22 Tikka is to simulate your hunting set up, I’d suggest getting the same scope you run on your main rifle.

If it’s just to have fun? I’ve had good success with the athalon lines, however I’ve since put leupold 2-7 rimfire scopes on all my 22 rifles. Hard to beat that clarity.

OP
gtriple

gtriple

WKR
Of the purpose of the 22 Tikka is to simulate your hunting set up, I’d suggest getting the same scope you run on your main rifle.

If it’s just to have fun? I’ve had good success with the athalon lines, however I’ve since put leupold 2-7 rimfire scopes on all my 22 rifles. Hard to beat that clarity.
My main hunting scope is an ATACR, so I'm not sure I can afford another!

OP
gtriple

gtriple

WKR
Swfa fixed 6 would be my pick for 22
I'd prefer something with variable magnification and a little better magnification wheel and elevation turret. The two 3-9s I had were a little soft on the clicks and a little hard on the magnification for my liking.

TxLite

WKR
I'd prefer something with variable magnification and a little better magnification wheel and elevation turret. The two 3-9s I had were a little soft on the clicks and a little hard on the magnification for my liking.
Understood. My fixed 10 turrets are definitely mushy

OP
gtriple

gtriple

WKR
I pm'ed @Camera Land about this.... I plan it for on a t1x (whenever the heck I can find one!).
He recommended an Arken 4-16x44. I am pretty sure this is the one I'll be getting when i find a t1x..

I think I will try one of these. I've been wanting to try a new brand and this is the perfect rifle for it.

good choice......

IMG_2996.JPG

IMG_1980.JPG

You'll have enuff ele on the turret to reach past 300 yards on a 20moa rail. The SH4 in 35mm tube will get you to 500, set up same......

Last edited:
That can pose some problems.
Athlon does make a solid scope and I believe I paid $120 for the 4-12 model I bought. It was the rimfire specific one.

I’m not sure if I read it or not, but what is cheap to you? $300? Less than $300?

OP
gtriple

gtriple

WKR
That can pose some problems.
Athlon does make a solid scope and I believe I paid $120 for the 4-12 model I bought. It was the rimfire specific one.

I’m not sure if I read it or not, but what is cheap to you? $300? Less than $300?
$300 or less would be a good target. Much more than that and I'd stick with an SHV.

RWT

WKR
I moved the Arkens I have to my 10/22's and they have been excellent. Turtles in my tank have no clue. They are a little large for the frame, but the large turrets make it easy to dial.

I had a higher end Althon ($750) and sold it. Glass had a lot of glare and made it difficult to obtain a sight picture.

jaydoc24

FNG
For a budget-friendly option, consider the Vortex Crossfire II. It has reliable tracking and good elevation adjustment, perfect for your Tikka T1X.

I bet a guy could round up a used 10 or 12x swfa for $225-$250

I have 2 Arkens. One has been solid, and one has not. Still seem like a decent scope for the money.
Swfa fixed 6 would be my pick for 22

Gotta link to where I can get a few of those?

Reactions: BLJ

Bubbadoyle

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got 3 discovery optics 3-15 ffp scopes that have performed perfectly for me. They’re 30mm tubes and have tracked perfectly. The last two I got on sale and paid around $520 total shipped for the pair of them. They might be a touch big on a 22 but I’m considering putting my third one on one. The other two are on a 458 socom that I run subsonic suppressed and the other is on one of my 300 RUM’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro