Caribou = License/Locking tags/Harvest Ticket whatbis it all?

I'm sure @Larry Bartlett is a prime candidate to help @WeiserBucks and myself
Were going to and area for Caribou that is Harvest ticket.
We have never hunted AK
So we need a license
Locking tags for how many bou we hope to take?
And a Harvest ticket? Wtf is that a card you record the Locking tag number, sex etc on?

Thanks
Bryan

the harvest ticket is what you actually notch it is your "animal specific license". I dont have to deal with Locking tags so i have no idea what that is for other then people lock it on an antler. FnG website says all non res need locking tags for their animals. So if you can shoot 2 caribou in your area you would need 2 locking tags and 2 harvest tickets.

Buy a hunting license to be able to hunt
buy as many harvest tickets that the area allows for Non Res limit of caribou
buy the same amount of locking tags as harvest tickets.

VernAK

WKR
Locking Tags come with the Harvest Ticket and are only required for non-residents. If hunting for moose, you may need the locking tag extension also as the locking tag won't reach around the antler base.

Locking Tags come with the Harvest Ticket and are only required for non-residents. If hunting for moose, you may need the locking tag extension also as the locking tag won't reach around the antler base.
Residents do need locking tags for brown/grizzly bears in some locations. Residents also need to purchase locking tags for Muskox.

OP
BRTreedogs
Thanks for the replies, I've gathered the harvest ticket is free all around Resident and Non

The locking tag is what a Non Resident pays for.

I just couldn’t wrap my head around it until I remembered most general tags a free for residents.

AKBorn

WKR
Each non -resident caribou locking tag will run you $650 at the moment. If you are on a tight budget, may just want to purchase one each. If money isn't an issue, purchase as many as your GMU allows for non-resident harvest.

If your hunt is planned for Fall 2023, I would wait until the latest ADF&G regs are published next July before purchasing your license and tags. With the fluctuations in the caribou herds that is currently going on, the bag limits may change between now and next Fall.

bmrfish

WKR
Buy nonresident hunting license.
Buy NR caribou tags.
They send you locking tags.
You print harvest tickets off the web (free).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk