CANIS - Be the Wolf!

Canis

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey, want to introduce myself and the CANIS brand. My name is Kurt, I'm a born and bred African and have been involved in the global hunting arena as a Professional Hunter/Cinematographer for 20 years. I'm the Content Director for Canis

CANIS is a lifestyle for those who dare to push the envelope. There is no mountain too tall, slope too steep, or river too fast for a CANIS outdoorsman. Our gear was created based off firsthand experience in situations where others have come up short or failed.

Check out a technical hunting gear https://www.canisathlete.com/
Discount code First Time
10% discount when signing up an account

Watch our gear in action in the following short films.
Kamchatka Reverence
Gods Country
The Roar "Antler with Arrow"

Shoot any questions you have my way.

Be the Wolf!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 140

Oregonboy

WKR
Cool website and nice camo pattern. Where is your stuff made and where is Canis based out of?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Shoot any questions you have my way.

Be the Wolf!

What is the weight of the Apex insulation in the jacket? What is the fill weight of the down in the down pieces, and weight of the fleece and merino base layers? Also what is the percentage of merino to synthetic blends?

Thank you.

I skimmed through your website and I'm impressed you have a pretty complete layering lineup. I'll probably be in the market for a few items, depending on what tags I draw.

My main question for you would the same for any newer company, particularly positioning itself as an "alpha" brand/vendor price-wise. Why should I choose Canis over the rest of the pack? What sets you apart?

Last edited:
OP
Canis

Canis

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Cool website and nice camo pattern. Where is your stuff made and where is Canis based out of?
Thanks man! Our gear is designed and engineered in USA/Switzerland and assembled in Asia. We are based out of Arkansas.

OP
Canis

Canis

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Looks like more short people clothing. Pattern looks interesting though.
How tall are you? We have got big guys in our gear, one of the biggest is actually 6'8" 290lbs. Our Alpha pattern was designed to be versatile blending in many different environments.

BluMtn

WKR
I have a 38" inseam. In hunting pants I can get away with 36" inseams. According to your sizing chart in a 34" waist your inseam is 33". Not knocking your product just the inseams are not designed for tall people. Also are any of your pants insulated.

corncob

WKR
What is the weight of the Apex insulation in the jacket? What is the fill weight of the down in the down pieces, and weight of the fleece and merino base layers? Also what is the percentage of merino to synthetic blends?

Thank you.

Interested in this, too. For mid to upper tier pricing, you’ll need this info to get discerning folks to try it. Otherwise they will assume 600 FP down and mostly synthetic with a bit of merino.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
Canis

Canis

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
I have a 38" inseam. In hunting pants I can get away with 36" inseams. According to your sizing chart in a 34" waist your inseam is 33". Not knocking your product just the inseams are not designed for tall people. Also are any of your pants insulated.
Our pants have an added extra 2" built in gaiter that can be used as an extension if need be. Check out the review.
Alpine Pant We have yet to have any issues with length on guys who have purchased.
We are a layering system so no the pants are not insulated themselves.

OldGrayJB

WKR

Thank you.
I can answer the last question. The tag on my Tahr shirt says 60% merino.

OP
Canis

Canis

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
I skimmed through your website and I'm impressed you have a pretty complete layering lineup. I'll probably be in the market for a few items, depending on what tags I draw.

My main question for you would the same for any newer company, particularly positioning itself as an "alpha" brand/vendor price-wise. Why should I choose Canis over the rest of the pack? What sets you apart?
Our brand was 2 and half years in research and development before launching. We have the most lightweight technical and advanced fabrics used anywhere on the market today. Our line is loaded with key features not found in competitors products. Go have a look at some of our reviews on our IGTV or YouTube channel. Innovative , quality, comfort and durability are words that ring true.

Interested in this, too. For mid to upper tier pricing, you’ll need this info to get discerning folks to try it. Otherwise they will assume 600 FP down and mostly synthetic with a bit of merino.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. Ive been intrigued as well, but until you can post actual jacket specs it hard to spend the same amount of money vs kuiu, fl, sitka.

OP
Canis

Canis

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor

Thank you.
Hey answers as follows. 5.30z (150gm) water repellent goose down. 800fp in down. 7.2oz Chamois LS fleece. 6.2 Tahr Merino LS. 60% Merino. Hope this was helpful.

OP
Canis

Canis

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
I agree. Ive been intrigued as well, but until you can post actual jacket specs it hard to spend the same amount of money vs kuiu, fl, sitka.
Hey answers as follows. 5.30z (150gm) water repellent goose down. 800fp in down. 7.2oz Chamois LS fleece. 6.2 Tahr Merino LS. 60% Merino. Hope this was helpful.

OP
Canis

Canis

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
What membrane are you using in your raingear?
Hey its Waterproof Nylon66 3-Layer Stretch-Material with durable water-repellent finish • 20,000mm Water Column • 24,000gr/m2/24h Moisture Permeability. This jacket is hurricane proof!

The videos on the website are super helpful! Made my first order last night, might make another one here shortly. Gonna put this stuff through the ringer this summer and in the north Brooks in August. Kurt I know I already asked for some solids, but is the Alps jacket coming in grape leaf anytime soon?

OP
Canis

Canis

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Awesome! You wont be disappointed! Alps Jacket is only available in Alpha camo for now. Let me know if there is anything else you need help with. Welcome to the Pack!

Benjblt

WKR
Would you say the the outer fabric of the Pamir Insulation jacket is durable? Is it a 30 D fabric? I'm looking for a durable insulation layer.