Can altitude increase have health impacts?

*zap*

WKR
Wondering if going from living at 1000' or so to 5000'+ can have an impact on chronic sinus issues? or other health related issues?

What say U?

Another thing to consider is allergies due to differences in plants at varying elevations. My allergies used to be way worse (hayfever, ragweed, etc.) and compounded by the wind in Western KS, and they have been way more manageable living in a couple states in the mountain west around 5k ft.

I would think that the vast majority of people would be able to adapt to reasonable amounts of altitude changes within a couple of weeks. I think any health related impacts would be acute. For example, the Durango and Silverton NG Railroad often deals with health issues of elderly passengers and has even had a few fatalities on the train due to cardiac arrest that was likely spurred by poor health + age+ acute altitude changes. However, give most anyone a couple of weeks and they will be fully adjusted.

Moved from FL to UT last December. Only issue I've noticed is the chronic dry/crusty/concrete nose. Plus nose bleeds. I've never had nose bleeds before, but have them pretty regularly here. Oh and ashyness - like a damn lizard.

Allergies have been a constant in my life, and they seem to be the same here as well.

Moved from FL to UT last December. Only issue I've noticed is the chronic dry/crusty/concrete nose. Plus nose bleeds. I've never had nose bleeds before, but have them pretty regularly here. Oh and ashyness - like a damn lizard.

Allergies have been a constant in my life, and they seem to be the same here as well.
Dry no humity.

I go from mesquite to Juniper and pine on a regular basis. 3500 to 6-7000 seems mesquite and palo verde are worse for allergy's for me anyway. Ask my Doc the same question about a decade ago. Unless you have heart or lung problems all should be good was his anwser.

Back