Camper shell windows

Ambush

FNG
So broken camper shell window. Back window on a 2000s tacoma shell. Do they purposely make it impossible to get a new one? Where can you get these? Been told to just get HD plexi and cut my own, but that sucks.
What are the options.

Rokbar

WKR
Go to the dealer of the brand of topper you have. Probably won't be too cheap though. I had a side windoor installed on my shell. $400. I'm asumming you are speaking of the Entry window on back with the handle/lock.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Are you sure that that is a Tacoma? Looks more like a Chevy/GMC.

The shell I have on my '89 Toyota had a problem with the frame on the back end near the window. I was doing a home repair job and had to drill a couple holes. Apparently the glass was a lot further into that frame than I expected and I hit it. The whole thing immediately cracked and shattered into about 10k pieces. I searched and new glass was going to be several hundreds of dollars. So I bought a piece of smoked tinted Lexan on Ebay for $60, cut it to size, and installed that. It's WAY more durable than glass, but it's hard to see through. No big deal, just makes it a privacy window.

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
Buddy and I were out plowing a few years back. He nailed the throttle when going up a small hill which resulted in the snowblower slamming against the tailgate and the rear glass of his shell shattering the rear window. He replaced it with plexiglass and like others have said it’s the cheaper and honestly better option.

My truck's shell came with a piece of 1/8" stainless for one window... I think the previous owner had been running some sort of stove exhaust through it.

I took it out of the frame, went to a plastics shop, and had them cut me a tinted lexan sheet.

It went in fairly easy with the flex. It's not as nice as the glass windows and shows some scuffs and such. At a glance, you wouldn't know it's plastic.