Camper shell buildout

As I was mindlessly combing the FB classifieds for used treasures this morning, I was seeing some truck toppers which got me thinking about doing a buildout for overnights and gear storage.
I figured there had to be a few guys on here that have some good ideas to maximize space. Let's see em if you got em!

schmalzy

WKR
I kept it pretty simple with a raised platform for a bed that only covers the right side of the truck bed. Allows storage underneath without impacting ability to put bigger coolers in.

72d51089dde70eb3d2bbb56dbd0a9537.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpr9954

FNG
On my old '77 Ford F-100 with a camper top, my wife made a set of cloth pockets that attached to the cab side of the bed. If I remember correctly, it was made out of duck fabric, went across the full width of the bed, and she stiffened it with either a yard stick or piece of lath. It was screwed into the bed with machine screws.

It was a very convenient way to store stuff like a first aid kit and other accessories. I stupidly sold that truck in the mid-1980s and hadn't thought about it for a long time.

I guess nowadays you would use some sort of Molle attachment and just put pouches on it. Still, the old way was a lot cheaper.