California Draw 2020

One of the volunteers in my group talked his neighbor kid in to getting his hunting license and putting in for the draws. I guess the kid had the hots for my buddy’s daughter. The kids first draw, he drew California Bighorn Sheep, So it does happen. It was the first time the kid ever pulled the trigger on a live animal.
Almost seems, wrong :ROFLMAO:

This was another rookie hunter. It happens..

52373_788622018055_5994121_o.jpg

First time hunter, getting really antsy already. Put in for an X zone, D14 as backup. Put in for elk, antelope, and sheep as well. Going to get a bear tag as well. Super pumped to get out and do some scouting, looking like it will be a lot of miles with the lady before season.

Does CA normally take the full 10 business days to post as noted in the Digest? Just asking because I looked up the 2019 thread and saw it was posted around this time last year. Missed out on a couple "lock-in" drawings from other states, so I'm basically hoping for a game 7 miracle for CA 😅

It could be posted tonight, maybe early tomorrow morning. But then again I wouldn't be surprised if it didnt go out until monday.

Does CA normally take the full 10 business days to post as noted in the Digest? Just asking because I looked up the 2019 thread and saw it was posted around this time last year. Missed out on a couple "lock-in" drawings from other states, so I'm basically hoping for a game 7 miracle for CA 😅
i would not be shocked if we find out tomorrow (Friday)

A31 either sex archery Los Angeles Sept to the end of Dec, Think I am going to opt out on rifle this season. When I get my grandson outfitted I may pull us a D11, 13, 15, tag.
Not sure maybe D14 but it has gotten to be such a over crowded zoo. Heard D14 may go to being a drawing ?
Either / Or Archery for the Now

Last edited:
Another year for A and D5 bucks for me. No elk, no sheep.

For some reason I really thought I’d get lucky this year. Oh well.

Starting to actually get really excited for deer season anyway. Can only hunt so many coyotes, pigs, and rabbits before you start to get that itch for deer.

I knew I was gonna draw a sheep tag this year, unfortunately I was wrong. No elk or antelope either. My brother in law, niece and me drew X6b though so that’ll be a fun hunt before we head to Colorado for 3rd season!

I got lucky and drew an X9C rage this year. Super excited to be hunting outside of the D11 zone I had last year. Have to go back and buy a bear tag, would love the opportunity to take a bear in SoCal. Good luck out there this year y’all

Back