Caliber Battle: 6mm ARC vs 6.5 Creedmoor for Deer Sized Game

OP
General RE LEE
In the right action, the 6mm ARC is perhaps the finest medium-game cartridge ever made. As you can see with the ballistic chart I recently generated comparing the ARC to the .223, it's an impressive round through a 16-inch barrel. Compared to the 6.5 CM, the recoil difference is substantial.

The only limiting factor to the ARC is actions sized to the round. Besides ARs, there's Howa's Mini Action, which maybe isn't custom-level quality but still very usable. Paired with the right stock, scope, and suppressor, a Howa in 6mm ARC would be a world-class deer rifle.

I currently have three ARCs and another planned. On the AR front, I have an 18-inch gasser and a 16-inch straight pull. My bolt-action 6mm ARC is a NULA with 20-inch barrel. A future ARC in my collection is a stainless Sako A1 currently in 7.62x39. I'm pumped for that one; dinky Sako actions are the coolest actions ever made.
View attachment 646813

6 ARC Howa Mini bolt gun 108 ELD-M at 600 yards today. Velocity drops below 1800 FPS beyond 600.

IMG_0548.jpeg

mahonsr

Lil-Rokslider
Nice! Hey @General RE LEE your hub battery is low whatever that is haha! Whats your load and barrel length? Looking forward to my howa mini action in 6arc whenever brownells finally gets them back in stock