CA Mesa Titanium

The fact that they would let that thing out the door after charging the $500 premium for it speaks volumes. What a crock of shit!

I’ve given Christensen a fair shot. I’ve owned several of their rifles, but this will be the last. It’s a nice rifle but feel like I got screwed paying the premium for “Ti”.

Ridgeline TI was in the running for my next rifle along with seekins element and weatherby backcountry. All the stories like this and CS reports drove me to the seekins. That is unacceptable, I'd be asking for a refund.

Finally got a chance to unbox and weigh up my Ti Ridgeline 300 wm. Bare out of the box with bolt and brake it was 6lbs 4.5 oz.

Finally got a chance to unbox and weigh up my Ti Ridgeline 300 wm. Bare out of the box with bolt and brake it was 6lbs 4.5 oz.

Sounds like the titanium Ridgelines are coming in closer to weight but the Mesa titanium is consistently way above listed weight. I'm a CA fanboy (my 2 have been fantastic and are tack drivers) but this is ridiculous. No way I'd pay that kind of premium for titanium only to have it come in a pound over weight.

Stupid question, but are you guys sure their titanium and not stainless? All my stainless rifles a magnet will stick to. I have a CA Summit Titanium, and the magnet has zero attraction to the brake or action. Just a thought...

I have a regular Ridgeline I like.

Im with wind Gypsy on this one though. They’re charging a premium for a lightweight rifle in Ti. It’s bullshit that they’re letting a 7lb rifle go out the door when it’s supposed to be 6lb. Everyone knows weight varies a few ounces, and I don’t think anyone’s going to hold them to an EXACT weight... if it were me I’d call them and ask for them to send me a rifle that weighs close to what I expect or a refund because that’s false advertising.

You might also check and make sure it’s actually titanium and not stainless because that would explain a lot.

Just curious how folks are ordering direct? I called yesterday to inquire about a military discount and was told no they don’t do any direct sales.....

Appreciate any feedback.

Just curious how folks are ordering direct? I called yesterday to inquire about a military discount and was told no they don’t do any direct sales.....

Appreciate any feedback.

Guides are allowed to order direct through their Outfitter program

I have a regular Ridgeline I like.

Im with wind Gypsy on this one though. They’re charging a premium for a lightweight rifle in Ti. It’s bullshit that they’re letting a 7lb rifle go out the door when it’s supposed to be 6lb. Everyone knows weight varies a few ounces, and I don’t think anyone’s going to hold them to an EXACT weight... if it were me I’d call them and ask for them to send me a rifle that weighs close to what I expect or a refund because that’s false advertising.

You might also check and make sure it’s actually titanium and not stainless because that would explain a lot.

Yes, I did the magnet check with my Mesa and the action is definitely titanium. I just don’t believe they went to lengths to come up with a titanium rifle that weighs about the same as their standard rifle and let them out the door. Did they think this would fly? Especially with the crowd that would be buying this rifle...All indications are the Ridgeline Ti project worked...the Mesa not so much.

Here's an interesting "take". I was in the gun shop today where I bought my Ti Mesa. They had a 6.5 Creedmoor REGULAR Mesa on the shelf. We weighed it and it weighed an oz. less (7 lbs. even) than my 6.5 PRC Ti Mesa. They had a long action .300 WM Mesa Ti on the shelf and it weighed 7 lbs. 4 oz. ..Crazy...

I'd recheck that scale.
I'm still trying to wrap my noggin around a 7lb Titanium 'lightweight' rifle!

Companies can and do lie about production weights, one only need look at the MRC XAR (Montana Rifle Co. Extreme Ascent Rifle) They were advertised at 5lbs 10oz and shipped at 6lbs 9 oz. MRC is now out of business, that fiasco was the last straw for many of us.
Most lightweight fanatics would laugh at a gun that's so profoundly false advertised. Call them out and demand satisfaction.

Here's an interesting "take". I was in the gun shop today where I bought my Ti Mesa. They had a 6.5 Creedmoor REGULAR Mesa on the shelf. We weighed it and it weighed an oz. less (7 lbs. even) than my 6.5 PRC Ti Mesa. They had a long action .300 WM Mesa Ti on the shelf and it weighed 7 lbs. 4 oz. ..Crazy...

The only place I can imagine the weight variance being is in the stock. If the barrel, action, bottom metal varied by a pound that would be even more eye opening!

I would weigh the stock and tell em to send you one that wasn't such a pig.

I'd recheck that scale.
I'm still trying to wrap my noggin around a 7lb Titanium 'lightweight' rifle!

Companies can and do lie about production weights, one only need look at the MRC XAR (Montana Rifle Co. Extreme Ascent Rifle) They were advertised at 5lbs 10oz and shipped at 6lbs 9 oz. MRC is now out of business, that fiasco was the last straw for many of us.
Most lightweight fanatics would laugh at a gun that's so profoundly false advertised. Call them out and demand satisfaction.

Mine has been weighed on two different scales and compared to several other guns that are spot on with my scale, so I don't think it's the scale. It's still not done for me.

I really also believe the variation HAS to be in the stock. My next step will be to weigh the stock.

I emailed back and forth with Christensen a couple times today and will say their customer service has been stellar regarding this whole issue. Prompt responses and a very satisfactory solution.

So, they realize some of these Mesa Ti's are coming in over weight. They gave me the option to basically do whatever I wanted for resolve. Refund, exchange for another one, exchange for something different etc. They are working with my dealer on the other end. (I didn't want my dealer to get stuck with the rifle either.) I am going to end up ordering a Ridgeline Ti to exchange for the Mesa Ti. The Mesa Ti will be returned to Christensen. I've heard some not so good things about their CS in the past. I have to say they handled my problem with professionalism, promptness and are providing a solution that can't be beat/couldn't be any better. Kudos to them. I'll report the weight of the new rifle when it arrives.

Back