Buy American

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
What about non outdoor gear? Tools, car parts, household items. I would like to find out what is made here in those categories too.

My stimulus checks went to a local block and brick manufacturer. I built a 5 foot tall 95 ft long retaining wall in front of my house.

My biggest issue is trucks???? what company isnt tied to foreign money somewhere? I went down that rabit hole recently and the best i could figure is that Ford is the only one that isn't heavily tied into foreign money.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Arcteryx makes bags for the military? Didn’t they just say they would no longer allow co-branding with weapons manufacturers?

clothing, not bags- rain jackets, mid-layers, puffies, etc

Reactions: ODB
Agreed! I plan on replacing all my clothing with American made over time. I'm happy to pay a bit more to support companies that support our country. There are more great options today than ever before. Kifaru, FORLOH, lots of options for socks, sleeping bags/quilts, and shelters.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Kifaru & Forloh are where it's at

The only time I’ll ever buy Chinese shit is if it’s something I need and can’t get from anywhere else.

To me even Vietnam or Thailand is a step above China.

That being said stuff I don’t need, like all hunting stuff, is now made in America or I don’t buy it. I’ll make some exceptions for Mexico or Canada or Western Europe on occasion.

You vote with your dollar, and your vote counts.

dtrkyman

WKR
I buy what I can made here, or at least based here. Can be a challenge for many things.

Rob5589

WKR
Something else just as important, try to buy local from small retailers. I know I am guilty of being lazy and ordering online vs driving to a local shop to buy. Not everything is available local but, small purchases here and there can add up to the little guy.

SOIHUNT

Lil-Rokslider
Carhartt is another one I use to buy, but not all of their stuff is USA made it’s all about profit!

Marble

WKR
I will buy American made and produced as I can. If I need soemthing and it's foreign made I will get it if an American company doesn't make something comparable.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

GSPHUNTER

WKR
A lot of products are made in America but use foreign parts. I should have said assembled in America, there is a difference between made in America and assembled in America.