Bump to 300 spine?

Beendare

WKR
Why don’t you paper tune stickbows?
I like to shoot bareshafts instead. It gets me to perfect arrow spine. Now sometimes 8 cut a shaft too short and have to trash it- but worth it to get that perfect spine. I don’t worry about angle of bareshft in the target ( unless its really bad) I focus on location.

Usually, if it shoots bareshafts, it will shoot BHs…but not always.

Then, I shoot BHs for groups against FPs to confirm.
——-

Beendare

WKR
Some guys here make a good point about refining your form gets you better arrow flight- totally true.

But then they insinuate some are shooting too stiff an arrow.

My bet is they don’t have a long draw…with long arrows in a cut past center riser with high performance carbon limbs- That matters.

I have tried the weaker 500’s 31 1/2” arrows that work in my longbow and shot them in my ILFs. They show weak as heck- sometimes off the target. It seems weird they wouldn’t work…but they just don’t.

Last edited:
Roughly the string position for my hook with as little pressure as possible on my ring finger. Something I can improve?
Not necessarily. That is a pretty standard "deep hook," but it is something to tinker with to possibly get a crisper release.

Try different finger pressures, try hooking shallower (middle finger in crease, index and ring on the "tip" side of the crease), try putting more pressure on the bottom of the fingers (as Kisik Lee suggests-hooking "up" if that makes sense), try addressing the string with your fingers at an angle (can help get off the ring finger cleaner).
Anchoring at a different place on your face can help as well. Sometimes with your hook, the side of your face and the pressure you impart thwarts opening your fingers cleanly (which video really won't show). That's why an under the chin anchor gives such a good release.

What's your center shot set at? What's the brace height of the bow? And what's the tiller set to?

I had a problem with consistent weak tears when I put I bear weather rest on a bow that was already set and an even or an outside of center center shot. The arrow was always coming out at an angle or never straight because the shelf was to far over.

OP
Jermh

Jermh

Lil-Rokslider
300 Rampages showed up yesterday. Only fletched 2 last night just so I could confirm whether or not they were anywhere close. Put 200 gr up front and started shooting at 20 this morning. Think I'll go ahead and put vanes on a couple more and keep shooting but I think we're on the way to where this thing needs to be.

Attachments

• 20240611_033436.jpg
    20240611_033436.jpg
    422.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240611_034532.jpg
    20240611_034532.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 7
OP
Jermh

Jermh

Lil-Rokslider
With only being a few months in with the recurve I think I am going to call it good for now on the tuning and just focus on continuing to refine my form and just general shooting. Bareshafts are as close to fletched at 20 as I can physically shoot them at this stage in my game and I am happy with it for now. I think this will be the recipe until I get broadheads here (thinking 125gr 3 blade Cutthroat) and confirm that they are on. I appreciate the help from everyone. Just a couple months til game time.

Attachments

• 20240612_183025.jpg
    20240612_183025.jpg
    412.3 KB · Views: 5