Budget bag for kifaru frame

j-moose32

FNG
got my frame this week and just opened it. It is extremely nice for sure. The FILBE frame weighed in at 4 lbs 14 ounces, give or take. The Kifaru with aluminum stays and 26'' frame is 4 lbs 6 ounces, so a half a pound lighter right there.

Will post when I get it mounted up

Clarktar

WKR
If anyone is looking for a great kifaru bag, I have a duplex Timberline one bag for sale. One of the better bags made in my opinion.

Last edited:

j-moose32

FNG
I just attached a USMC FILBE pack to my duplex lite frame. I just upgraded my frame this year and was wanting to save some $$$ to put towards boots, I picked the pack up on eBay for 50$, replaced a couple buckles, I think it's going to work pretty well. Only thing extra need to make it fit like a glove is 2 K clips for lower compression straps that go with the FILBE pack.
hey buddy another question. I just laid mine in and was setting it up. What did you do with those upper pull tabs on the FILBE to attach them to the Kifaru, or did you not attach the pull tabs to the frame?

hey buddy another question. I just laid mine in and was setting it up. What did you do with those upper pull tabs on the FILBE to attach them to the Kifaru, or did you not attach the pull tabs to the frame?
Pull tabs as in the ones with the 2 metal rings? Or the little yib tab tabs? On the tactical frame I attached them through the loops on the back of frame, on the duplex lite frame I was able to run them around the frame sheets and stays but run them under the shoulder pads. It's tight and not much room so I had use pliers to get an extra bite on the strap to get the straps tight. 1st Pic is on the tactical frame. 2nd is the lite and again I ran the strap around and under the shoulder pad.

Attachments

• 4E15E0B5-73EC-4101-B8F4-F4D26CADB72D.jpeg
    4E15E0B5-73EC-4101-B8F4-F4D26CADB72D.jpeg
    290.7 KB · Views: 20
  • DBD201AB-9C06-4834-BCE6-AFAA5B31B5C1.jpeg
    DBD201AB-9C06-4834-BCE6-AFAA5B31B5C1.jpeg
    233.3 KB · Views: 19

j-moose32

FNG
Pull tabs as in the ones with the 2 metal rings? Or the little yib tab tabs? On the tactical frame I attached them through the loops on the back of frame, on the duplex lite frame I was able to run them around the frame sheets and stays but run them under the shoulder pads. It's tight and not much room so I had use pliers to get an extra bite on the strap to get the straps tight. 1st Pic is on the tactical frame. 2nd is the lite and again I ran the strap around and under the shoulder pad.
Yea i was talking about the little yib yab tabs. Ill take a picture shortly to try and post exactly what I mean

j-moose32

FNG
Heres the little yib yab tabs I was talking about

Attachments

• IMG_7221.jpg
    IMG_7221.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7219.jpg
    IMG_7219.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 14

j-moose32

FNG
If you need any Kifaru straps to attach it, I have a bunch and could send a couple.
appreciate it brother! I just got the new frame delivered today. Two days after I ordered the frame, they had a "35% off overstock sale" and couldnt give me the difference in price back... so I had to return the original and create a new order to get the discounted price.

Im gonna try and set it up tomorrow night, I'll let you know ! (y)(y)

Fatcamp

WKR
Nice work, men.

I remember reading a thread a few years ago where a guy took a seam ripper and removed a bunch of unnecessary straps and webbing from a FILBE pack and got rid of a bunch of weight. Ended up pretty trim if I remember.

j-moose32

FNG
got the kifaru frame attached. The regular frame with the FILBE is not even in the same leauge. The bag doesnt fit as tight as I would like it too, but Im gonna keep messing with it to tighten it down. If I can get it as tight as the regular setup, this will be a winner for sure

got the kifaru frame attached. The regular frame with the FILBE is not even in the same leauge. The bag doesnt fit as tight as I would like it too, but Im gonna keep messing with it to tighten it down. If I can get it as tight as the regular setup, this will be a winner for sure
I tied the yib yab tabs together with some pararcord. Damn sure makes it feel solid as hell.

Attachments

• 65B4BEAC-D090-40EB-87D7-0F5994EF063F.jpeg
    65B4BEAC-D090-40EB-87D7-0F5994EF063F.jpeg
    286.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 92FD0CD7-8F25-4AEF-826E-F021D9F648C5.jpeg
    92FD0CD7-8F25-4AEF-826E-F021D9F648C5.jpeg
    227.2 KB · Views: 12