Budget bag for kifaru frame

DWarcher

WKR
Kifaru camp bag will work, Kuiu 3200 or ultra 6k. Kifaru cargo panel an OR dry bag. If you can find a hill people gear cm25 or even just use a large side pocket, guide lid and grab it.

Tons of cheap options.

But why spend $100 on a make due bag and then spend more when you can spend $186 on a Makor and have a bag that you can slowly added options to. The Side pockets are on sale currently as well.

Also send Shrek a pm, he has an Argali in Coyote Brown I think he'll sell.

I have a HPG CM25 in foliage that I'll make you a deal on.
Shoot me a pm if interested.

The Exo bags can be found cheap used and you can make them work with some lash kit straps and Steve will send you some buckles. A grab-it with lash kit will allow you to strap a dry bag or duffle bag to the frame. I would go with that and a guide lid to start rather than spending money you probably won't get all of it back.

Boomer22

FNG
Sooo cool to have guys on this forum offer to help complete strangers. I'm pretty new around here but that's exactly why I visit often.

OP
K

koppertop

FNG
Thanks for the ideas and offers everyone. Does anyone have a link to the HPG cm25? i have searched and have found lots of HPG stuff but have not been able to positively identify the cm25. How many cubic inches? How would it attach to the kifaru frame? Sounds like a lash kit would open up lots of options.

Cheers!
KT

dotman

WKR
Thanks for the ideas and offers everyone. Does anyone have a link to the HPG cm25? i have searched and have found lots of HPG stuff but have not been able to positively identify the cm25. How many cubic inches? How would it attach to the kifaru frame? Sounds like a lash kit would open up lots of options.

Cheers!
KT

Have to find a used one, it was discontinued a few years ago. Really it was a great offering I wish they had kept for only $40.

Boman

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in the same boat as the Op. You guys have some great suggestions. The guys on this site are incredibly helpful. Not like other sites I visit. I hope to come across a used Kifaru bag but these other ideas could work. Good luck to everyone this season.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm in the same boat as the Op. You guys have some great suggestions. The guys on this site are incredibly helpful. Not like other sites I visit. I hope to come across a used Kifaru bag but these other ideas could work. Good luck to everyone this season.
Same offer to you

DWarcher

WKR

Cheers!
KT

I believe it's 25 liters which would be 1500 cubic inches.
I can send you some pics if you want to pm me your number.

Boman

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you livetohunt, I just came across an old Cabelas outfitter bag. I'm going to see if it can be attached. Thanks again

I just attached a USMC FILBE pack to my duplex lite frame. I just upgraded my frame this year and was wanting to save some $$$ to put towards boots, I picked the pack up on eBay for 50$, replaced a couple buckles, I think it's going to work pretty well. Only thing extra need to make it fit like a glove is 2 K clips for lower compression straps that go with the FILBE pack.

Attachments

• 05B761AA-8848-4525-AD6B-0C3021A72EE2.jpeg
    05B761AA-8848-4525-AD6B-0C3021A72EE2.jpeg
    237.2 KB · Views: 60
  • A5A46866-60E6-445C-8F17-3DE91D626012.jpeg
    A5A46866-60E6-445C-8F17-3DE91D626012.jpeg
    261.4 KB · Views: 57
  • C2572A8D-F748-4DC2-9B2B-B1173B8B5FFC.jpeg
    C2572A8D-F748-4DC2-9B2B-B1173B8B5FFC.jpeg
    175.6 KB · Views: 58

j-moose32

FNG
I just attached a USMC FILBE pack to my duplex lite frame. I just upgraded my frame this year and was wanting to save some $$$ to put towards boots, I picked the pack up on eBay for 50$, replaced a couple buckles, I think it's going to work pretty well. Only thing extra need to make it fit like a glove is 2 K clips for lower compression straps that go with the FILBE pack.
hey buddy any update on how this worked out for you? Been searching around and lurking the forum ( just officially joined to get more info ) to see what the best aftermarket frame I could get to work with a FILBE. I have FILBE pack, and going to try and get the Kifaru duplex tactical frame to fit

Its worked out pretty well so far, I haven't carried it in the field yet but just loaded it up with my training weight and I order 3 of the filbe assault pouches to put on the bag as well, but all in all it fits pretty well, I was gonna buy one of the bigger Kifaru packs but the filbe fits so well I'll just stick with it.

j-moose32

FNG
Its worked out pretty well so far, I haven't carried it in the field yet but just loaded it up with my training weight and I order 3 of the filbe assault pouches to put on the bag as well, but all in all it fits pretty well, I was gonna buy one of the bigger Kifaru packs but the filbe fits so well I'll just stick with it.
other than needing the 2 k clips for the bottom two compression straps on the FILBE, did you need anything else to mount it?

Did you carry any weight in the field with the FILBE and regular frame? Just wondering your first overall impressions on the Kifaru frame compared to the FILBE frame.

other than needing the 2 k clips for the bottom two compression straps on the FILBE, did you need anything else to mount it?

Did you carry any weight in the field with the FILBE and regular frame? Just wondering your first overall impressions on the Kifaru frame compared to the FILBE frame.
I've never carried the filbe frame in the field, I packed out a bear last year with an Alice pack and Alice frame that I modified and made into 25" frame, with the Alice frame and Molle shoulder straps I felt like I had a lot of shoulder pressure and the Kifaru is a big improvement. The first bear I packed out last year I used the horn hunter full curl and that thing kicked my a$$, that's what made me spend the money on a better frame this year.

I've never carried the filbe frame in the field, I packed out a bear last year with an Alice pack and Alice frame that I modified and made into 25" frame, with the Alice frame and Molle shoulder straps I felt like I had a lot of shoulder pressure and the Kifaru is a big improvement. The first bear I packed out last year I used the horn hunter full curl and that thing kicked my a$$, that's what made me spend the money on a better frame this year.
A buddy of mine used the ILBE pack last year on both of our pack outs and he just order the Kifaru frame since they are on sale. He said the ILBE felt like he was dragging the weight on the ground behind him.

j-moose32

FNG
A buddy of mine used the ILBE pack last year on both of our pack outs and he just order the Kifaru frame since they are on sale. He said the ILBE felt like he was dragging the weight on the ground behind him.
hahaha yep! that is a great description of it. No matter how its loaded, light or heavy, it feels like it is dragging behind you. I should have the frame in this week and will have some miles with some weight and will report back as well

22lr

WKR
I'm too easily swayed by cool posts! Just found a good local deal on a Kifaru frame, and got the FILBE bag on order! Plan is to get my brother in it for a Spring bear hunt! It was that or look at what else $300 would buy... and this was by far the most attractive looking option! Thanks for sharing these pics/posts!

For those curious, ebay has a bunch of these bags in the $50 range, and a few surplus stores have decent, fair and damaged condition bags as low as $18 per. Ill share what company I bought mine from once they arrive/I make sure they are legit... lol.

I'm too easily swayed by cool posts! Just found a good local deal on a Kifaru frame, and got the FILBE bag on order! Plan is to get my brother in it for a Spring bear hunt! It was that or look at what else $300 would buy... and this was by far the most attractive looking option! Thanks for sharing these pics/posts!

For those curious, ebay has a bunch of these bags in the $50 range, and a few surplus stores have decent, fair and damaged condition bags as low as $18 per. Ill share what company I bought mine from once they arrive/I make sure they are legit... lol.
Hell yeah awesome feel free to message me if you need more pics. I was only able to upload 3.

Also be sure you order the lower compression straps for the filbe, they are usually sold separate, I paid like $12 for miners eBay.