Pack Bag for Plain Old Packframe

MTHokie

FNG
I have an old Cabela's Alaskan Guide packframe (frame only) that I love. I would like to make it more useful by attaching a bag to it. Any suggestions on a "universal" packbag that would be best to try to attach to it. I realize I'll probably have to add some straps/buckles, etc. to the frame itself. Maybe something like the Kifaru Campbag...? Thanks for any suggestions.

Ron.C

Lil-Rokslider

BLJ

WKR
I used a Tatonka Lastenkraxe bag on my Cabelas Alaskan frame for a number of years (it's still my backup pack). Did several BP hunts with it and it hauled 10 years worth of elk/deer/bear and still in great shape. Very minor mods required to fit it to the alaskan frame

$77 with free shipping? Is this in the US?

OP
MTHokie

MTHokie

FNG
I like the idea of the
I used a Tatonka Lastenkraxe bag on my Cabelas Alaskan frame for a number of years (it's still my backup pack). Did several BP hunts with it and it hauled 10 years worth of elk/deer/bear and still in great shape. Very minor mods required to fit it to the alaskan frame

I like this. Did you have a method of separating the bag from the frame when you hauled out meat? Looks like you could pull the loops off of the frame, strap it back on the bottom and hang the top on the frame...if that makes any sense.

Pdzoller

WKR
My wife made me a huge dry bag, we hung some straps and buckles on it and it worked pretty good. This was for a cheap pack frame that I bought when I first started. Still have it and use it occasionally for work.

robcollins

Lil-Rokslider
I have been using a Hill People Gear Decker Pocket, their Decker Pack Bags may be of interest too for USA made adds to a frame.

I have a Granite Gear Chief Flatbed frame, a Mystery Ranch NICE frame, a Kifaru Duplex, and a Kifaru Omni Yoke, with straps and buckles, it works on all of them... Straps and buckles should get you where you need to be, a call to Evan or Scot Hill would answer any questions you've got.

Decker Pocket

Large Decker Pack Bag

Medium Decker Pack Bag

Small Decker Pack Bag

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

OP
MTHokie

MTHokie

FNG
I have been using a Hill People Gear Decker Pocket, their Decker Pack Bags may be of interest too for USA made adds to a frame.

I have a Granite Gear Chief Flatbed frame, a Mystery Ranch NICE frame, a Kifaru Duplex, and a Kifaru Omni Yoke, with straps and buckles, it works on all of them... Straps and buckles should get you where you need to be, a call to Evan or Scot Hill would answer any questions you've got.

Decker Pocket

Large Decker Pack Bag

Medium Decker Pack Bag

Small Decker Pack Bag

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
Super helpful suggestions! Thank you!

OP
MTHokie

MTHokie

FNG
Thanks for all the help, guys. I think I'm going to go with the large Decker Packbag.