Has anyone used the Marsupial No-Mag updated design?

TheCougar

WKR
Marsupial has an updated enclosed bino harness that got rid of the external cord that was in the way of the side pouches. I read some reviews on their website and a few guys complained that the operation wasn’t really single hand. Any real world reviews out there? I have their enclosed mag version, but I would like to try the no mag version, if it’s as easy to open and close as their enclosed magnetic system.

Wapiti151

WKR
I have one, and like it so far. I just got a couple of months ago but have worn it on a handful of long hikes so far, lots of in/out glassing. I like it. I also have the mag version, but wanted to get away from the magnets. It definitely is one hand operational, it’s stiffer to open than the mag version but not unreasonable by any means. And, I also suspect that it’ll break in over time and become easier. It’s harder to get snapped close though one handed, for sure. Opening no problem, when closing I sometimes have to hold the back piece stiff so I can get the little retention bar on the lid over the lip. With that being said, even with that retention bar not quite over the lip, it’s still fully enclosed and does not open by itself by any means. I REALLY like how it opens, and creates a bit of a pocket if you keep it open. I’ve had my phone in there and it fits good if you keep the lid open.

Overall, I’ll be keeping. I definitely like it over the mag version so far…but I also run a bottom pocket or a holster most of the time, so the mag case would never stay open as designed with my style of use.

The one downside is the side pockets are a little less useful than the original mag harness. Since it still has the fabric on the side, you can’t keep taller stuff in the side pocket or else it’ll prevent it from opening entirely or staying open. I have a wind checker in there and that works fine.

Overall I am a fan thus far with about 40-50 miles hiked with it…but time scouting and a full hunting season will be the true test. I’d recommend trying it out.

gburk

WKR
Is the problem with mag related to compass operation or something else? I intend to wear mine out before I get fitted with a pacemaker :D

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Is the problem with mag related to compass operation or something else? I intend to wear mine out before I get fitted with a pacemaker :D
No. It’s about using the chest pistol with the lid down. Doesn’t really work with the mag version.

gburk

WKR
6E73AFAC-7175-42D9-A180-486680CA442B.jpeg
I suspect you’re talking about a different holster than this one since it doesn’t seem like pack-open is a problem here? Or maybe it is.
I’m in the market for a chest holster so appreciate your experience.
thread bump not a hijack…

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
View attachment 715893
I suspect you’re talking about a different holster than this one since it doesn’t seem like pack-open is a problem here? Or maybe it is.
I’m in the market for a chest holster so appreciate your experience.
thread bump not a hijack…
It will work, but it’s not really optimal for it. The mag lid needs to be forward and barely attached. It takes a bit of deliberate attention to get it right. The bigger issue is interference with the draw when the lid is down. I ended up getting the enclosed mag design, and I’ll just keep it closed unless I’m using my binos, to alleviate the issues.