Browning X-Bolt HC speed vs. weatherby Vanguard

Pdzoller

WKR
Meaning you think the Browning is exponentially better?
Thanks
Factory vs factory, yes the Browning is a better choice IMO. If you want to put some money into the Vanguard/Howa, I like the Howa. I absolutely hate the plastic stock on the Vanguard.

My Vanguard with a HS stock and good scope is shooting sub moa with several different factory loads. Before I put a new stock on it and a good quality scope, it was all over the place.

CentennialState

Lil-Rokslider
Factory vs factory, yes the Browning is a better choice IMO. If you want to put some money into the Vanguard/Howa, I like the Howa. I absolutely hate the plastic stock on the Vanguard.

My Vanguard with a HS stock and good scope is shooting sub moa with several different factory loads. Before I put a new stock on it and a good quality scope, it was all over the place.
Awesome. Thanks so much for the info.

cuttingedge

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a big fan of the browning xbolt. I like the short 60 degree bolt throw and the two position tang safety with the bolt unlock button on the bolt.
If you held one and love the way it feels and it fits you well, you can't go wrong with the xbolt. Probably my favorite rifle in my collection.
A buddy of mine has a Vanguard and it's nice but he's done a lot of upgrades to it. If you go that route I'd do like someone else mentioned and get the cheapest one you can find and put a nicer stock on it. For that matter get the cheapest howa(same as Vanguard) you can find and put a b&c stock on it.
Tikka's are nice as well if you haven't looked at those yet.
I have the X Bolt Speed in 6.5 PRC.and love it. I did have to run about $75 worth of Precision Hunter ammo through it before it would shoot MOA.
The Vanguard is made by Howa, but is not the same as mentioned here. All you have to do is hold each and it becomes very evident that the Vanguard feels much better and is more refined. I think the Vanguard Meateater is a very nice rifle for the money. The X Bolt is excellent for the price. I personally would be happy with either. I do like the fact that the Vanguard has a metal hinged floor plate instead of a magazine.

CentennialState

Lil-Rokslider
I have the X Bolt Speed in 6.5 PRC.and love it. I did have to run about $75 worth of Precision Hunter ammo through it before it would shoot MOA.
The Vanguard is made by Howa, but is not the same as mentioned here. All you have to do is hold each and it becomes very evident that the Vanguard feels much better and is more refined. I think the Vanguard Meateater is a very nice rifle for the money. The X Bolt is excellent for the price. I personally would be happy with either. I do like the fact that the Vanguard has a metal hinged floor plate instead of a magazine.
Incredibly helpful, thanks for the reply!
super helpful, thank you!

2five7

WKR
OP, you'll love your little X-bolt I think. I bought one in 2016 when they were pretty new, it's since become the favorite go to Deer rifle in our family. Killed a pile of Bucks with it, all with a single shot. Look into the Mcarbo trigger spring, or you can cut the factory one a little to get the pull weight down a bit.

Blammo

FNG
Browning X-Bolt HC Speed in 6.5 Creedmoor ordered! Thanks everyone for the input
One of the rifles I am considering, have the same in 300 WM and love it. On the .300 WM with a friend just dialed down and set the factory trigger to 2 1/2 pounds and a pic rail made a huge difference. Would like to dump the radial muzzle brake. Like the balance, weight, finish, customer support and accuracy. Just have to watch the barrel temp with fluted barrel.

Unckebob

WKR
One of the rifles I am considering, have the same in 300 WM and love it. On the .300 WM with a friend just dialed down and set the factory trigger to 2 1/2 pounds and a pic rail made a huge difference. Would like to dump the radial muzzle brake. Like the balance, weight, finish, customer support and accuracy. Just have to watch the barrel temp with fluted barrel.

Is the brake not removable?

Blammo

FNG
Unk, sorry for my delay.. yes it is. Browning has a side ported upgrade called the recoil hawg. Just need to buy one..