Boxer Briefs for extended hunts

DeepMauka

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for suggestions and/or advise in the brief department. As a norm, I prefer going the commando route. Found one day way back when it's much easier (and creates less laundry!!). But for athletic endevours (minus surfing) I have enjoyed the boys tucked away nicely and kept in place. I used to be sponsored by UnderArmor, so I've rocked their BoxerJock for about 8-9 yrs. a few years ago I got introduced to merino. Blown away by the non sink factor. Normally for 4-8 day hunts I packed in a pair of UA briefs, and wore a pair, exchanging each every day, while the other had a day to air out. Looking for any suggestions??

First Lite merino? Keep the UA system? ExOfficio? Appreciate the help!

rodney482

WKR
Switched from UA boxers to firstlite boxers several years ago.

10 day trip I wear a pair and take 1 extra pair .. Switching them out everyday.

Amazing material!

If its cold.. (Sub30) I take the full leggins and do not wear boxers under them.

Outwest

WKR
I bought some minus33 merino boxer briefs a few seasons back mainly to use on fires. I usually packed 3 pairs for a 14 day, switching them out every other day or more. Most of my hunts are 5 days or less so 1 pair is usually plenty for me. I like them but they are starting to get some rips in the a$$ and hips. No biggie because they aren't super expensive anyway.

Vandal 44

WKR
I bought 3 pairs of the First Lite Boxer briefs and the are awesome for one season, after that I wore holes in the crouch and a $50 I was not happy. I like most everything from First Lite the exception is the Boxer Briefs. I switched to ExOfficio Boxer Briefs the longer ones 9" and they have great this season. As far as durability time will tell

marc

Lil-Rokslider
I wear the Minus 33 everyday. I first bought some for hunting but liked them so much that now I have about 10 pairs of them. Takes me 3 or 4 years to wear them out and I wait and buy them when I find good sales.

DWinVA

WKR
The Frist Lite boxers did not fit me correctly. I use Jockey boxer briefs for everyday wear, running, training, etc. Not sure how they would be on a multi-day hunt with no washing (of me or them).

God Bless.

MattB

WKR
The ExOfficio boxer briefs are great, about the only non-wool next to skin layer I use.

_Nick_

WKR
I'll chime in in favor of ExOfficio too. One of my pairs I've had since 2011 and worn extensively in tough conditions; it's still holding up great.

bbrown

WKR
I bought 3 pairs of the First Lite Boxer briefs and the are awesome for one season, after that I wore holes in the crouch and a $50 I was not happy. I like most everything from First Lite the exception is the Boxer Briefs. I switched to ExOfficio Boxer Briefs the longer ones 9" and they have great this season. As far as durability time will tell
Yup!!

Browtine

WKR
Exofficio Give n GOs. I've been wearning them almost everyday for about 6 months and they are holding up great.

I use ExOfficio, Sitka, smartwool, Minus33 and my favorite is Icebreaker with Sitka being a close 2nd, they are a little heavier

Agreed however, i prefer the longer cut on the Sitka briefs for warmer and/or more active treks. Usually have icebreakers in my pack for sleeping...they are the best value (dollar for dollar) IMHO.

I wanted to like the first lite boxers BUT the crotch ripped out fast on more than 1 pair. I have abused ex officio boxer briefs for years and they last but they provide little warmth if you are in cold weather.

I used the ExOfficio for a couple of years and like them, but went to Smartwool and love them. They are both comfortable, but there comes a time when you can't even stand the smell of yourself and with the smartwool that last a few days longer.

RCL

WKR
I really like the fit of the First Lite but durability is an issue.
Just received some of the Jockey long boxer briefs and will give them a try.
The ExOfficio just did not provide a good fit for me.

avodude

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a big fan of the Ex-Officio boxer briefs. They hold up really well and don't stink. Tried the First Lite briefs and they did not last long. The crotch ripped out fast. Weakest pair of underwear I have ever used but I love First Lite's other merino stuff. I also have a pair of Icebreaker 150 leggings and they are holding up well.

mogrimy

FNG
For u guys using ExOfficio, how are they different then other synthetic underwear such as UA, Nike, etc... Looking at the specs I don't get how they would feel or smell differently. I generally can't stay in synthetic undies for more than day without discomfort but am interested in trying out the ExOfficio because dry time between synthetic and wool. Also anyone try the meco stuff from RAB? It's cocona tech that's 65% merino and 35%coco and sounds very interesting