Bowmar's beast broadhead

Just saw Bowmar came out with his new "revolutionary" broadhead. Not sure what to think. Of course it's the greatest thing ever to him. Seems like a pretty solid design, wish it had a steel ferrule. He also claims it out penetrates a fixed head. I call bs lol. Unless it just folds up and cuts .5 inch. What do you guys think? https://beastbroadheads.com/

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Geewhiz

WKR
Looks like a sevr or an ulmer edge. Do the blades swivel on the pin through the ferrule?

Edit: Looks like they do. So the difference is they have a fluted ferrule?

Ucsdryder

WKR
He might be the epitome of what’s wrong with the commercialization of hunting and our outdoors.

If he called me and said, “you’re the a-hole on rokslide right? The one that hates non-residents right? I’ll give you $10,000 to shoot a tag horn with my broadhead,” I’d disrespectfully decline.

Marble

WKR
Looks like deceptive marketing to me. Not impressed.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Hnthrdr

WKR
Looks like a sevr or an ulmer edge. Do the blades swivel on the pin through the ferrule?

Edit: Looks like they do. So the difference is they have a fluted ferrule?
Was gonna say that… I would take either of those over this, but I don’t like mechs on elk, so I’ll stick with my 2 blade solids

Zac

WKR
It looks like a Trypan, I don't know why people are just word vomiting out random broadheads. It doesn't resemble any of the hidden blade designs at all. This thing has a lot of blade exposed. As far as how good it is, we'll just have to wait and see. I understand that everyone wants to sh!t on it due to who makes it.

MattB

WKR
Just saw Bomar came out with his new "revolutionary" broadhead. Not sure what to think. Of course it's the greatest thing ever to him. Seems like a pretty solid design, wish it had a steel ferrule. He also claims it out penetrates a fixed head. I call bs lol. Unless it just folds up and cuts .5 inch. What do you guys think? https://beastbroadheads.com/

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk
“Fastest deploying” and “deepest penetrating” are generally in opposition to one another, so I agree on the BS front. There could be instances where it’s unique design could result in it penetrating more deeply, but that would be an edge case and IMO buying a broadhead because it would perform best in a one in one hundred situation is foolish.

Plus Bomar.

WoodBow

WKR
I'm intrigued to see how the spring loaded retention and deployment system works.