Bow Poundage

Campo

FNG
I think a lot depends on an archer's draw length...someone in the longer ranges (perhaps 28"+) might want to get away with 60# whereas someone with short arms (such as myself) might be better off at 70#.

So many variables, from arrow weight to ability. If you are comfortable with the setup you are shooting, you are good to go IMO.

Tookeymonster

Lil-Rokslider
My Reezen is at 72 lbs

I see a lot of guys that strugle to get their bow back just so they can shoot a 70+lb bow. I say shoot only what you can easly pull back smoothly without having to move during draw or sky draw.

After my leagues progress my plan is to slowly turn up my poundage from 66 to max on my Element. Of course, I refuse to go over what the arrow likes. Accuracy will speak. My plan was to buy 65# limbs but Mike Lifford had a 70 pounder on the shelf. My last bow had 80# limbs and it is an UltraTec with Spiral X Cams. I saw no advantage to shooting it maxed out. I have given this subject a TON of thought as I shoot traditional equipment (which kills anything including sasquatches and T-rexes). I think anyone's compounds are sufficient if the broadhead hits your mark. In fact, blood trailing aside, a broadhead half way in the boiler room will do A LOT of damage.

bowinhand

WKR
It's what poundage you can shoot from varying positions such as sitting, kneeling, or in awkward twisted positions and holding for about 30 seconds.anything over 50# is plenty because it's where you put the arrow that counts not how much poundage you can pull. The limbs on my bow (70lbs) are maxed out but strings can stretch so I'm not sure what exact poundage it's at but it's probably plenty. As for people giving you grief about how much poundage your shooting (high or low) just smile and nod.

trevore

Lil-Rokslider
Last season was the first in many that I didn't shoot more than 70 lbs. Thinking about an 80 lb insanity this year. Have to wait and see. There are a few things from Kifaru on my wish list as well.

Ironman

Lil-Rokslider
Currently shooting a 64# longbow. Try to get at least 10gr. Per pound on my arrows.
A slow moving train will do more damage to a brick wall than a fast moving car.

miller1

Lil-Rokslider
GT500 72lb 29 1/2 dl, i sit down with my legs crossed and point my bow at the target the whole time i am drawing, comes back pretty easy.

Sissy boy here...pulling 60# on my Silvertip Recurve with calculated 590-600 gr arrows. I can hold this for about 30-35 seconds and still be very accurate, so I need to be patient before I draw

MJ from Oregon

Lil-Rokslider
#1 Element is @ 76# with a 27.5'' draw................... On the ground bow

#2 Element is @ 72# with a 27'' draw.................... Tree Stand bow

bowhnter7

Lil-Rokslider
Y'all a buncha woosies.

Dude came in the shop last night to drop his HOYT off to have new ropes put on.

31" draw 95#'s.........wow.